See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2015

This went from a stunning deluxe privately owned apartment complex with 48 superb homes to a ghastly so called hotel with the unsold apartments smashed up to make dozens of nasty dirty little rooms. Management is dire. Do not go.

Room Tip: If you want to chance pay the premium some of the apartments are still almost whole! You may get one!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Seahorsegal
Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

After checking in we were walked to our room. On our way we passed another English group who started laughing and shouting "welcome to hell". After a week staying there self catering I can tell you they weren't wrong.

The staff can speak very little English.
The rooms are small and dirty.
Our towels were not changed once during our visit.
We had to ask for crockery despite staying self catering.
The food we did eat in the hotel was vile.
There's no entertainment or music around the poolside.
The pictures on the website look nothing like the hotel itself.
You have to pay extra for Wifi.

The only benefits were that because we were self catering we didn't have to eat there. We also found the bus route nearby thanks to a helpful couple so it was fairly easy to get to the beach.

If you've already booked here and it's too late to change my advice would be to only use the room to sleep in, book plenty of day trips out and eat in the town.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We stayed in Sept. 2009 on a self catering basis.
The 1st room we were put into was like a rabbit hutch and we had to payed loads more for a large 2 bedroom which was fabulous.
We had to pay extra for air con and TV.
Being able to get up and jump straight into the pool was great.
We felt that it was the best place we had ever stayed.
It sounds like the place has gone downhill since then.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2014

I have a holiday home in the area and often find it is cheaper to buy a package holiday which will include the flights and transfer to Altinkum, than to buy the flights direct and pay to get from the airport to Altinkum... And even though the hotel is included, I often do not stay there..
However, on this occasion I thought I might stay at the hotel because the flight times meant I had not slept since the night before, so it was easier to let the transfer take me to the hotel and flop into the hotel bed, rather than go straight to my home out there.
While waiting my turn to be checked in, I sat on one of the pool side seats, which was WAY more comfortable than expected and promptly passed out with the peace and quiet next to the pool and the warm air...
When I eventually woke up, I checked in and made my way round to my room.. on the ground floor and around to the left of the building...
Oh gosh.. this room was like a poster child of one of those amazing Ikea designs of how you can fit an entire life into a space under the stairs.. Mental.. A double bed that when not folded up against the wall you had to climb over to get to the bathroom, but when it was up it left a settee in place to watch the tv on (which otherwise was about 12 inches from your toes when in bed).. the bathroom is also a wonder of design, when sat on the toilet, your legs are actually under a stylish glass hand basin.. things are that cosy, you could actually wash one hand in the sink, while washing the other in the shower, while still sat on the toilet.. Amazing,,
Now you probably think I hate it, but I really didnt, the room was spotlessly clean, they even managed to squeeze a fridge, kettle, etc all into that room.. it had everything a hotel room should include, just compressed into a tiny space, as an engineer I was really impressed with it... But some people may not be so impressed.
The pool is lovely, and the next morning before I left to go to my own holiday home, I spent a little time next to the pool chatting with some people who live there.
Turns out the place was originally designed as luxury holiday homes, not as a hotel, but as they never managed to sell all the apartments, they decided to turn much of the complex into a hotel, which included turning what was some storage rooms for residents into budget hotel rooms.
For a holiday hotel it does look like the photos, so it does look really great, the place is really clean, there is its own on site shop, and the pool is great.. just be warned in case it matters to you, the rooms may be very small.
Value for money though, it is awesome, you get what you pay for, I would rather get small but really clean and nice, rather than spacious and full of insects anytime!

Room Tip: Ask them for a photo of the room you will be getting before you book...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jon m
Reviewed 28 December 2014 via mobile

So stayed here with a friend and had a small but pleasant ground floor round round to the right side.
Everything was clean.
We stayed sc and dined at the blue restaurant 5 mins away which was the most glorious restaurant , highly recommend !!!
Easy bus route to town