All reviews stunning location furnished to a high standard steam train dart valley the river charlie annex ferry views
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

A superb place to stay very comfortable and friendly large barn conversion ..
love the breakfast yogurt and honey then a full English..
The views were amongst the best I've seen. Plenty to do spa bath large tv room , table tennis , pool.pub down the road for dinners and drinks

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2016

A really lovely house with great facilities for guests. The room was clean and spacious, as was the en suite (fab shower). Our host Charlie was always helpful and friendly and rustled up lovely breakfasts. Very convenient for Agatha Christie's house and the other National Trust property nearby (Coleton Fishacre). Very easy to get to surrounding towns and plenty of places to eat including a great little local pub. A really lovely break for us which we thoroughly enjoyed and would like to repeat in the future.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

My husband and I stayed at Greenway Barn in early May 2016, but have only just got around to writing a review.

Our room was clean and adequate but had no lock on the door, no television and the kettle was only big enough to boil one cup of tea at a time.

We thought we could store our 'phone, tablet, wallet etc. in the wardrobe whilst we went in the hot tub, for breakfast etc. but the key in the wardrobe could not be removed and taken with us, we therefore had to put our valuables in the boot of our car.

The location was lovely, the en-suite was a good size and very nicely presented, the host (Charlie) was really pleasant and the breakfast was very good; luckily we shared the communal table with a lovely couple that we got on well with, but it could be uncomfortable if you were seated with people that you didn't want to eat with.

Overall a great B&B in a beautiful location.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Just like the reviewer before this, my girlfriends and I had a great stay in the annex. The views are to die for!

It is probably more suitable for a couple with children as I, being the smallest, took the small children's room and I missed my big bed at home. However, it didn't stop me enjoying every minute of the holiday and it was lovely to have such great leather settees and SKY when we got in after our travels out each day.

The accommodation is well placed for visiting Kingswear, Dartmouth, Greenway (Agatha Christies home) Paignton, Brixham, and Torquay.

We took the ferry to Dartmouth, Steam train to Paignton and had a one hour river cruise from Greenway Quay for £5 each.

We were also able to use the facilities in the main bnb house but we just didn't have time!
Great holiday. Lovely place to stay. No problem with parking.

Room tip: The access road is very narrow and the sign into their drive says Higher Greenway Barn so turn there.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here with our 2 year old daughter on a last minute work trip I had to take. We stayed in the self contained annexe and it was simply perfect for a small family. The location sells the venue with fabulous views down to the River and the gentle chugging and whistling of the steam train as it goes past. The accommodation is excellent with all the amenities you need plus sky movies. We enjoyed a lovely glass of wine on the sun terrace. The Dart Valley trail runs past the door and is great walking and there is a fab pub just down in the village. Hosts were lovely and nothing seemed a bother. Only question is when we're going back

Date of stay: April 2016