US$ 362
US$ 295
US$ 211
  • Breakfast included
Aro'a Beachside Inn(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$ 395
US$ 380
US$ 525
US$ 358
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Edgewater Resort & Spa(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$ 663
US$ 128
  • Pool
US$ 81
  • Pool
All reviewsyellow hibiscusbeachfront bungalowhappy hourcook islandsbedroom housefishacross the roadsunday bbqboiled eggsbeautiful beachon site restauranthibiscus restaurantlaid backtropical breakfastfree kayaksfresh fruitbeach side
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you to Betsy, Puko + catering staff Mata, Deborah, Aroha + chefs etc. for making our recent 10-day stay at Palm Grove very enjoyable. The facilities, food, and location are all great! Their restaurant (Yellow Hibiscus) was the best we went to - and Raro has great food, so that is really saying something. We shall hopefully see you again! Steve & Marie Greig :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank smgreig
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed an amazing stay at the Palm Grove in the Cook Islands. All the people working there were so friendly and helpful. The owner Betsy is on site every day and available to all the guests. If you experience any issues at all you can speak with Betsy directly. She tends to it immediately. Palm Grove really felt like a home away from home for me.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I stayed 5 nights here which is located on a very nice beach the garden bungalows are a short walk to the beach the main road runs through the property you have to cross the road to reach the beach. Best choice would to stay in a beach bungalow. Our room was overlooking the small pool area, close to reception and the restaurant all the guests from the other rooms walked passed and not the most private rooms. The breakfast was ordinary became boring very quickly. The entertainer at the restaurant on Friday evening was very good.

Stayed: May 2018
PalmGrove, Owner at Palm Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kia Orana Loretta,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s great to see you agree we have one of the best beaches on the island! And I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our Friday night happy hour which includes free wine and beer, and free live entertainment. But it’s unfortunate that you were not entirely pleased with your stay and I’d like to take this opportunity to comment on your feedback.

I’m sorry you didn’t feel that your bungalow provided as much privacy as you had hoped. I’m aware that you mentioned to my receptionist that you disliked the artwork in your bungalow, but I believe that is the only complaint you brought to our attention during your stay. All of our bungalows are free-standing so there are no shared walls. With 5 acres of property, the bungalows are scattered across the property so they each have their own space. Our Garden Studios are in a half circle around the pool, and each one has its own patio with gardens on either side for privacy. This means that guests in these rooms cannot see another bungalow when sitting on their patio. You were in bungalow G3 which is the first in the half circle, so I’m sorry you were at all upset by other guests occasionally walking along the pathway to access their own bungalows.

Our complimentary breakfast buffet is quite substantial and includes 5-6 types of cereal, 4 types of toast bread, 4-5 types of fruit, homemade yogurt, banana bread, lemon bread, hardboiled eggs, and a daily cooked item (muffins, scones, quiche, pancakes, etc), a variety of spreads, plus coffee, teas, juices, and milk. We also offer a cooked breakfast menu including eggs, omelettes, French toast, and sides for an additional cost.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope my response has been helpful. As always, you or any other TripAdvisor readers are free to contact me directly for more information on beach@palmgrove.co.ck

Cheers,

Betsy

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We have just come back from our stay at Palm Grove.
I was a little concerned after some of the reviews I read recently but when we arrived wasn’t disappointed. No, it’s not five star but you certainly aren’t slumming it either. And let’s face it we were only there first thing in the morning, late in the afternoon for a snorkel and to sleep after we had been to dinner somewhere on the island.
Location- spectacular!!! We stayed in the beachfront villas (number 7) what a location. Couldn’t fault it!

The villas are equipped with a kitchenette, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, sink, stove and utensils. We only used the fridge as the food eating out was so yummy we couldn’t be bothered to cook.
Fairly new bathroom, shampoo and conditioner and soap supplied and towel refresh daily if you want it.
King size (extremely comfy bed) great pillows (beds are made up daily except for Sunday’s).
Aircon and a great ceiling fan!
Wardrobe, hanging (with coat hangers) and shelf space also a safe for valuables.
2 seater couch, tv and stereo with USB plug.
Nice sized deck with table and chairs and clothes line to hang your wet towel and swimmers from all the snorkelling you will be doing in the spectacular Lagoon right at your feet. Snorkelling gear and reef shoes (we took our own not knowing they had them already) are provided as well as kayaks.
Close to the local wigmores superstore and places to eat. There is a restaurant at Palm Grove but we didn’t try it. Breakfast was also included which we didn’t try either. We were definitely on island time so usually late for breakfast.
I did read a few reviews complaining about the rosters we were not woken by them once. Yes there are lots on the island but they really aren’t that bad. Also on the dog comments I have read, all the dogs are extremely friendly we only had one come up onto our villa deck and when we told it to go away it did. You see them walking the island all the time up and down the beach (what a hard life) playing with one another having fun. Also did not see one dog poo when walking around, the locals take extreme pride in the appearance of the island. Always cleaning their yards etc.

Definitely recommend staying at Palm Grove especially for couples. It doesn’t have the draw card of the bigger places on the island for the kids so not sure it would be the best choice in that regard, as a couple we loved it!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I booked for 2 weeks and only stayed for 5 nights, The main road runs through the middle of this amazing place. The road noise drowned out the ocean waves in our beach bungalow. Nightly around 3 am we were awakened by barking dogs, this and the not so welcoming staff drove us out. Lastly this is a very family friendly place. The laughing children are fine the parents screaming at them to behave not so good. We took our losses and found a other accommodations to save our holiday. This resort is like one of those seven dollars cupcakes that is so gorgeous and when you bite into its dry and tasteless.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
PalmGrove, Owner at Palm Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Kia Orana Ladonna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We’re very pleased to see you enjoyed our amazing location on the stunning southern coast. But it’s disappointing to hear you did not find Palm Grove to be a quiet and relaxing experience for you. I’d like to take this opportunity to address your comments.

A few days after you checked in, you came to reception and advised me that you would be flying to Aitutaki (another nearby island) that day and would be there a couple of nights. This isn’t uncommon – guests that are booked to stay with us on Rarotonga do sometimes decide to visit Aitutaki for the day or overnight, despite having already paid for their accommodation on Rarotonga. I asked what day you would be returning; it was my intention to advise housekeeping so they could freshen your room the morning you were due back. You said you weren’t sure – that you might decide to extend your stay on Aitutaki, but that you would definitely be back to Palm Grove again before your scheduled checkout date. You did not mention to me that you were going to Aitutaki because you were at all displeased with Palm Grove, and it’s a shame that I have only found this out via your TripAdvisor comments as I would have welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns while you were here.

Palm Grove has both beachfront and garden property on either side of the road in Vaimaanga. I do apologise that you didn’t realize Palm Grove was situated on both sides of the road – as traffic is minimal, it’s rare that guests are at all concerned by this and most would disagree that the road being nearby has any effect at all on their enjoyment of the property.

Palm Grove is family friendly in that we accept children of all ages. However, 90+% of our guests are couples and on average we might have 2-3 children onsite at any time. For the several days after you checked in, we had an infant in one of our garden rooms and a family of 5 in one of our onsite houses, plus 53 adults.

Many TripAdvisor readers will have heard about the friendly Raro dogs who are always up for a pat or cuddle. Palm Grove does not have any property dogs. However, as we do not have leash laws or fencing here, it is quite common to see neighbour dogs wander through the property during the day – they then return home in the evening when it’s time for dinner. But I am surprised to hear you were bothered by a dog barking on the beach overnight and I do wish you’d informed us so I could have notified security.

Ladonna, thank you again for your feedback and I am sorry you did not enjoy Palm Grove as much as so many of our guests. If you or any TripAdvisor readers would like further information about any of my comments, please feel free to contact me directly at beach@palmgrove.co.ck
Cheers,