All reviews kew green the pub the underground car park visiting kew gardens kew station sky tv secure parking full english fresh milk lovely hotel coffee machine eggs benedict sunday roast great shower breakfast service fish and chips district line
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Very nice rooms although tv's rarely work !! Communal parts need refurbishing especially the lift which smells of old beer and the carpets are badly stained. Pub is pretty grubby and def wouldn't recommend it for food..
Overall fine if you stay in your room but the rest of the place is a bit grubby and smelly !!.
Be careful with your credit card, money was taken from mine without authorisation, pay in cash !!!

Room Tip: Rooms at front better, rooms to rear are dark and depressing.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Nick B, Front Office Manager at The Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Ms Vincent

I am extremely sorry you have felt to write such in correct and rude comments regarding our hotel due to the fact you failed to notify us of your cancellation AGAIN and in this instance we have charged you.

This does now call into question that fact that on your previous 'no shows' having gone off on holiday and forgetting to cancel you have blamed members of the Reception Team in order to get out of these payments.

As you now feel this this is the correct platform to vent i am assuming because I am no longer replying to the threatening' this and that' emails you have been filling my inbox with for the past week.

So hopefully after reading AGAIN my point by point answers to this you may accept the situation and refrain from posting such?

We offered you a very healthy corporate rate ( this is not a VIP you refer to yourself in phone calls to the team) on a 3 month trial .
To date you haven't met the criteria set out on the number of nights you stated at the beginning you would be using but as a gesture of goodwill we have agreed to extend this in the hope you will be true to your word.

We have also endeavored to give you room 22 as requested on every visit apart from one.

In reference to the TV's you had one instance of a problem which was resolved when a team member showed you how to use the remote - to which you have often joked about!

In reference to your comments about our food 'def wouldn't recommend it for food'
I have copied and pasted your email from 2 days ago asking if you could be put on the corporate dinner - bed - and breakfast rate. So slightly confused as to why you would write such??

mailto:rachel@professionalpa.com]
> > Sent: 31 August 2016 11:56
> > To: .Coach & Horses
> > Subject: RE: Hotel Correspondence - Coach & Horses Hotel, Kew,
> > Confirmation
> >
> > Are you offering your Dinner bed and breakfast rate yet ? i know
> > they said they were planning on doing one..
> > > On 31 August 2016 at 11:49 ".Coach & Horses"

In ending I am sorry you felt you couldn't AGAIN adhere to our very healthy cancellation policy of 12 noon the day before arrival and chose AGAIN to just not turn up. That you felt we were unjust in charging you for this. As a hotel we sell rooms if people do not turn up and choose not to tell us we do have every right to charge them. Its called business and if we let everyone have rooms for free we logically wouldn't last very long.
Being that we are celebrating our 185th birthday in 2 weeks I believe we must be doing something right.

I therefore hope this will finally put some closer on the matter for you.

Kind regards

Kerry

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Stayed here for a night on a business trip and it was a great way to start the trip in a typical english way. The location was great with it being so close to Kew Gardens. The room was quaint and cozy and a nice updated bathroom. The bar/kitchen area downstairs in the main lobby area was great as well. I would come back and stay here no problem.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Luckily for me the Coach and Horses experience was excellent in every way. Lucky because I had to prise my husband away from his favourite hotel in Richmond and he was not happy. I pointed out that said hotel, apart from suffering from faded elegance, had no air conditioning. So I got my way and we booked in for three nights. I could almost hear the smirk on his face when we approached the front of the C&H and saw that the paintwork was in need of a new coat. But once inside it was clear we had a winner.
The staff were without exception welcoming, bright and efficient.
The room was absolutely lovely, I couldn't fault it and I am extremely discerning (picky). The attention to detail was clear to see.
And there is a noticeably nice atmosphere in all parts of the property. Locals and visitors alike in the spacious bar and dining room. A choice of sitting outside the front and looking across the Green or in the beer garden at the back. Easy and free parking. A perfect location to get about on foot, to catch a bus or train, wander alongside the Thames.
Thankfully husband was gracious enough to roll over and admit that the C&H is the perfect place for us to stay and we are about to book three more stays.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I booked the hotel at the last minute for its convenient location to Kew Gardens (across the road). We arrived in the morning and asked if we could use the hotel car park even though we hadn't booked in, the answer was yes which made the day so much easier.
The hotel has a shabby exterior and at first glance looks a bit ragged around the edges and I was slightly disappointed in the building, however once we had checked in to our room my opinion changed, the boutique room was amazing, spacious, light and airy with all facilities present and working (one of the best Hotel showers I've used. The restaurant was excellent, the waiter ( I didn't get his name, he is Portuguese) was amazing, friendly, very efficient, funny and engaging. The food was good, I had the pork belly and my wife had the gourmet burger, both meals well cooked and tasty. We both had the mushroom with cream starter, very very nice!! Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here overnight as we were attending the Luna Cinema at Kew Gardens. From the outside it may look like just a pub but it is so much more. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. The room was amazing, we had one of the best nights sleep ever. The breakfast selection was extensive and the full English cooked to order. We also ate in the bar but there is an on site restaurant should you want something a bit more formal. The library room was full of books for all to enjoy and there were board games available should you just wish to sit back and relax. The Coach & Horses is 300 yards from Kew Gardens Elizabeth Gate and 10 min walk to the tube station. We drove here and parked in the under ground car park - a real bonus. Will definitely stay here again, especially during the winter so we can enjoy the open fire. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple