“Good Experience”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from a fortnight stay (all inclusive) at this hotel and as seasoned travellers we cannot really understand some of the poor reviews The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed, well serviced with clean towels sometimes twice a day.A generous basket of fruit and the occasional flower on the pillow were lovely touches.
All the staff were charming and very attentive and we must mention the restaurant staff in particular. The manager, Kasta, was always attentive and charming and Ratni and Eka were absolutely delightful. Eka even took time and trouble to teach us some Balinese and Indonesian words and phrases to help us get by, even though most people speak good English.
Traffic is a nightmare but that is not the fault of the hotel. We would return

Room Tip: We had a front facing room overlooking the car park which was fine as we do not spend much time in a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lovelephants
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Lovelephants,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. I also would like to pass warm regards from Kasta, Ratni & Eka. It is pleasure for us to deliver you a memorable experience in our property.

Once again thanks for your nice review and looking forward to welcome you again at our resort.

Juan Antonio Sanchez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just back from 11 nights at the Grand Mirage bali. Flew with Qatar with wife and children aged 7 & 6. Fantastic spacious hotel. All the staff were FANTASTIC especially Billy the beach waiter. Food is fine but you do need to pick and choose. Asian influenced food is fab. Western influenced food is a bit hit and miss but we didn't fly to Bali to eat pizza!!
Beach is clean but no good for snorkeling, too much seaweed! We got a boat over to Lembonyan island which was fab for snorkeling.
Our 3rd visit to Bali. Can't wait to go back. Would happily stay here again

Room Tip: They all have a sea view. We stayed on the top floor which had great views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank jacksandjills
Dear JacksandJills,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on our Tripadvisor page. I am happy to hear that our service has fulfilled your expectations during your holiday in our resort and I would like to pass regards for you from Billy the waiter.

I am happy you had a great time snorkeling at Lembongan Island, I suggest you to try our Turtle Island tour or Seawalker activity on your next trip to our resort.

Hope to welcome you again very soon and thank you for your review.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel in Nusa Dua is in a very prominent location and the lobby is beautiful but there are drawbacks. The beach is nice and the water tranquil but there are a number of things which could be improved.
1. It needs a makeover. The paint is coming off walls and the pool bar needs updated.
2. The beds suck. They are flimsy and are NOT comfortable. I realize that beds vary from country to country but I am sure the FOUR SEASONS doesn't have beds this bad. They sag.
3. As a gay male, the internet blocks any site with the word GAY in it, come on, this is 2012.
4. The spa is very nice but they use river rock on the floor with large tiles to walk on. Even in the spa room, there are rocks so it is noisy versus being quiet and tranquil. It is as if you are hiking through a rock quarry. Get rid of the rocks and it would be fine.
5. put down a mat when getting out of the shower, oil on feet and water on marble don't make for a good situation. It is very slippery.

Overall, this place is average. A herd of Russians and Austrailians with a few Japanese mixed in and lots of kids. I would have preferred a hotel with less kids.

The people are nice and the staff is semi attentive. For instance, I like COCA COLA in the morning for breakfast. The waitress tried to say I had to wait till 11 am. to have a coke, I told her go get me one with ice, and she did after I told her this is a hotel, get me a coke.

The breakfast bar is great. I would rate it a 10 out of 10, great selection and clean.

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean would be a good choice. My room faced the sidethe hotel but was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NCWorldTraveler1963
Dear NCWorldTraveler1963,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. I am sorry to hear that our service has not fulfilled your satisfaction.

Regarding your comment about makeover, I just want to inform you that we have already done some renovations program in most parts of our property. Preventive maintenance is done regularly to keep our facilities in the best condition.

I apologies about your bed set up, according to you it did not meet your expectation and we will observe the situation to take corrective measures, so we could improve our quality, facilities & service. However, some of our rooms have been renovated and we put a nice and comfortable new bed in every room and Suite to fulfill our guests’ satisfaction. Now beds for the rest of the hotel room have been already ordered and we will change all of them as soon as we receive them.

About the internet blocking on gay sites, I really understand your situation, but unfortunately the local government has blocked these websites.

Our spa has used the river rocks over many years as natural elements of our spa decoration and actually that is good for foot reflexology. I will share your idea to our Thalasso Spa General Manager, and we take good notes of your comments.

Thank you for your advice about the mat in the bathroom, it is very helpful for us to know. I realize that safety factor is number one and of course we want to make our guests feel secure and comfortable. I would like to inform that actually we always put a bath mat in every bathroom in all guest rooms and suites, but since you did not have it during your stay, I will investigate this immediately to take corrective measures immediately.

Since our hotel is a family friendly hotel, I hope you understand that kids with other family member in diverse ages are the major guests in our hotel. I hope it would not deter you from future visits to our property. To make your next visit a pleasant one, please contact me at: gm@grandmirae.com for further arrangements.

Thanks again for your review.

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Firstly let me start out by saying that I read all the reviews before we stayed here. The thing that became obvious is the people that said it was very expensive were right "IF" they did not do the All inclusive. If your not doing an all inclusive deal the food and drinks are very expensive. So i would HIGHLY recommend doing the all inclusive deals.

We stayed in the Ocean View Suite which was a bit more expensive but because we have a baby it gave us a bit more room. The room was lovely and the turn down service brought freash towels every evening.

The 4 restruants all had great food, the beef tenderloin was absolutely increadable at the Jungkung grill and room service. I wish they had have had more Indonesian food on the menu's but the menu's are more focused on a broadspectrum of nationalitys. Again I must say that of the items they do have on the menu's all the ones we tried were fantastic.

We were also greated with a STACK of Activity complementary activity cards to many to use almost. It would have been nice to pick and choose which ones we wanted, other people on other tours got different ativitys than us. Which isn't really a complaint more of a suggestion.

All in all the Hotel was fantastic and we will stay there again.

As for the Vendors in the hotel... Avoid the vendors on the first floor, the vendors on the second floor near the lobby sell the same things at about 1/3 of the price. I bought sunscreen on the frist floor for 250 000 ( ~$26USD) , only to find it on the second floor for 110 000 ($12USD). I was extremely pissed off when i saw this.. but i want to think that this is nothing to do with the hotel and all to do with the vendors themselves...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank JPeach_12
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear JPeach_12,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your most valued review to our property. It will become a very helpful resource for our future guests who read this comment.

I am personally glad that you and your family had enjoy your time during your stay in our resort, it was a pleasure for us and highly appreciate your recommendation about the all inclusive and your positive review about the food, service and our scheduled activities. Apologies for the vendor problem that may spoil your holiday, but we never had any intention to make you and your family felt unhappy. Indeed, the vendors are from outside the hotel operation, but I really appreciate your comments, so we can also take action with their next contract renovation.

At anytime, we will be happy to welcoming you back to this resort, hopefully in the near future.

Thanks again for your review and see you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon in late Jan we were after a nice quite hotel in a nice location and we got it we were able to relax by the pool go tot he swim up bar enjoy a cocktail then float back. The room was nice and well maintained we were in a deluxe ocean room. Very easy to get to Turtle island and do watersports if thats your thing as benoa is known for water sport activities.
the local shops had what we required cheaper drinks that we brought to our room and a bit of shopping. Chopsticks resturant is great and only next door int he club mirage hotel.
Breakfast each morning was great.

6 Thank KristyT151
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,854 reviews

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK