“Great Dinner With Friends”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Deer Park
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Some friends invited us out for dinner and they picked Stoney River. They have been many times. This was our first. Nice Décor. Got there early and had a glass of wine at the bar. Big bar. Flat screens for sports and other shows. We were seated. The basket of rolls are fantastic. Salads all around. Two of us had the 12oz Prime Rib with vegetables. Perfect. One had the 20oz Sirloin Medium that was perfect. They were out of the Trout but my wife had the Salmon which was outstanding. Bottle of Pinot Noir. Desert was a fantastic Crème Brulee and a Chocolate Cake. Great. Server was fantastic and attentive. We will be back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Decided to go here on a Thursday evening early figuring that it would not be overly busy. Got here about 5:50. We did not feel we needed to make a reservation at this time. When we walked in and having no reservation and plenty of empty tables. This was going to be easy. Well after a few minutes of waiting for the hostesses to figure out where to put us, we were seated NEXT TO THE BATHROOMS. Lots of empty tables and they put and they put us here. Not exactly what I call a pleasant/quiet location. Lots of people coming by our table all the time. One server took our drink order another server took our dinner order. Our dinners arrived placed on the table and then the server left without checking to see if our steaks were properly cooked. Huge disappointment. About halfway through our meal the manager quickly stopped by to see if everything was OK. I made mention that my steak was under cooked. He did offer to cook it more but since it was already half gone I told him don't bother. He left end of story. Server only came by to see if she could refill our drinks, never checked on us to see if our dinner was OK. We have been here several times over the years and the food and service were always spot on. Truly disappointed this time. The service was lacking and the steak being under cooked was a real disappointment. For the price of these meals I expect much better service and food on par with what I'm accustomed to. We may go back but not anytime soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We ate here on St. Patrick's Day - nothing on the menu to celebrate the day. We had a crab cake appetizer as part of our main meal - it was mushy and did not taste much of crab. (I make crab cakes and use lump crab and not much binder - this did not measure up.) We shared the trio of filet mignon medallions - one with a blue cheese crust (not a crust, to me - just plopped on top), one with a horseradish "crust," and one with bearnaise sauce. The meat was well-prepared and the bearnaise was decent. We ended with a huge slice of key lime pie which was much too big for one person, but quite good. [We were charged something called "1 Market Entree," which I did not notice until later and which I did not understand - it added $8.50 to the bill. I wonder if it was added because we wanted the crab cakes served with our other entree - or was it a sharing charge? Odd, to me.]

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We decided to have dinner here with a friend. We started off with a glass of Scotch was excellent but pricy. We all ordered their French Dip sandwich with extra crispy fries. The sandwich was really awesome as they use prime rib. The fries were cooked perfectly, were tasty, and not oily. Our server was not very friendly and could have been better. We will definitely be back as we really enjoyed the food here.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I have been here 3 times in the last 3 months. Awesome food! Awesome service! My son and i really enjoy the food here. Steak is amazing. Cooked perfect every time. Their spinach dip is the best i ever had. And the bread are these cute little doughnut style pieces. So yummy. Oh and dessert. Creme brulee! Yummy. Make a reservation before you go. Great place for dinner date.