“Worth the money”
Review of Miami City Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Surigao City
Miami City Suites
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Very good service, clean, hot water, private parking with 24 hours security.

I keep coming here every time i need to spend a night in Surigao city. For little money i have everything i expect. Too bad this time there was no wifi, otherwise just perfect!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Miami City Suites

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Could hardly find an accommodation with a cheaper rate so we ended up here. Rate was just fair. No elevator and we were located in the 3rd floor. Good thing everyone was attentive, from the guard to the reception desk and their room attendant who immediately brought our luggage to the room. Less water in the shower in the afternoon but as stated in the notification in the wall, i had to call them to have it restored which they did immediately. Free breakfast was for 1 person only. At least they had it. Purchasing another meal was no problem as the price was still fair and they served it fast. Another plus was a free transportation to the airport at our preferred time.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank elle_0003
Reviewed 20 November 2015

My first impression was good, because its a well located and new hotel.
But that's the only positive points that you will find.
Internet was not working in the room (they tell me "Sorry Sir the room is too far from the Wifi). Then water stopped when i was taking a shower, i had to finish my shower with just a trickle of cold water. It happened again at night. (They again told me "we are sorry sir")
Then in the morning, for the breakfast, i asked for hot water for my Milo. We were the only 2 customers, 4 "workers" were in the restaurant, and one showed me the water dispenser!! None of them stood up to get the water for us, we had to get it by ourselves. And finally, one breakfast was included in the price of the room, and they tried to make me pay the more expensive breakfast. I had to complain to pay the lowest one (they again answered me "we are sorry sir")
It's the "we are sorry Sir" Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to wifi connection. And check the shower if its works or not
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timdenim
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights (one night at their 850 room and 2 nights at their 750 room) and I can say that you're really getting your money's worth! Good clean and spacious room with cable tv, aircon, hot shower and pretty fast wifi connection! Hotel lobby and hallways are also clean and has an elegant to corporate feel. Staff are also very accommodating and friendly. Recommended stay if you're in for a few nights and on a tight budget.

Pros:
Fast wifi
Cable tv, aircon, and hot shower
Good location near the city center
Clean rooms

Cons:
Sometimes water heater does not automatically turn on if there's low water pressure.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarkD09
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Miami Suites is in the city centre of Surigao City. It is in a very good location close to the market, eating area, church and shopping, though a little hidden from the road. We found this hotel by chance after being frustrated at finding a good accommodation. My two sisters and I were travelling from the USA and the UK to attend our father's funeral in Southern Leyte when we were stranded in Surigao City and could not cross by ferry due to the typhoon. A tricycle driver took us to a hotel near the ferry terminal charging nearly fifteen hundred pesos for a grotty room with windows that didn't shut so out of frustration we asked the driver to find us a good city location hotel. It was a relief to find this place which we stayed twice, on the way in and on the way out. It is a very reasonable price at two thousand pesos, four people can stay in a large family room with free Filipino breakfast. The room was large and clean with basic amenities, but much better than some 3-star hotels in the UK I've been to, plus they also offer free wifi not offered in all hotels in the UK. The only reservation I have on this hotel is that it has not got a lift so the poor porter has to carry the cases upstairs. The free airport shuttle service is also a bonus, although it is not air-conditioned. If I come this way again, I'd come back here.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family