Miami City Suites
Hotel Tavern(Surigao City)
US$ 77
US$ 46
Parkway Hotel Surigao(Surigao City)
Bee Pension(Surigao City)
US$ 29
Orbitz.com
One Hive Hotel(Surigao City)
TripAdvisor
Almont Beach Resort(Surigao City)
TripAdvisor
Surigao Tourist Inn(Surigao City)
  • Restaurant
Nickel Travellers Inn(Surigao City)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Miami Suites is in the city centre of Surigao City. It is in a very good location close to the market, eating area, church and shopping, though a little hidden from the road. We found this hotel by chance after being frustrated at finding a good accommodation. My two sisters and I were travelling from the USA and the UK to attend our father's funeral in Southern Leyte when we were stranded in Surigao City and could not cross by ferry due to the typhoon. A tricycle driver took us to a hotel near the ferry terminal charging nearly fifteen hundred pesos for a grotty room with windows that didn't shut so out of frustration we asked the driver to find us a good city location hotel. It was a relief to find this place which we stayed twice, on the way in and on the way out. It is a very reasonable price at two thousand pesos, four people can stay in a large family room with free Filipino breakfast. The room was large and clean with basic amenities, but much better than some 3-star hotels in the UK I've been to, plus they also offer free wifi not offered in all hotels in the UK. The only reservation I have on this hotel is that it has not got a lift so the poor porter has to carry the cases upstairs. The free airport shuttle service is also a bonus, although it is not air-conditioned. If I come this way again, I'd come back here.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had previously received differing feedbacks of Miami City Suites from friends and acquaintances, feedback such as a smoke detector that won't stop bleeping because the battery needs replacing etc. so I had opted to avoid it in favour of alternative accommodations that I was already familiar with.

However on a night when my regular accommodations were full in Surigao City Miami City Suites had one of their more expensive rooms available immediately to the right of their reception, when I say more expensive I mean that for the sake of a few pesos it was the same price as a standard room in the Gateway Hotel but about 5 times better.

The room was basic but adequately furnished and I enjoyed a sound night's sleep in a large and comfortable bed and I shall stay with Miami City Suites again if the choice is between them and the Gateway Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked there for me and my family's stay. Family room 2 is so spacious. It is just walking distance to the Catholic church, San Nicolas Cathedral. Accessible by almost 24 hours city tricycle. Tranquil place.

Room Tip: they waited for my family's arrival in the airport. friendly staff too
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carmscastelo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Miami Suite is located near the market center. Althu it is not so visible from the road as it is accessible thru a one lane short driveway that lead to small lobby door on left side and right ahead to a rear parking area. the rooms are very clean, contemporary in design with 2 extra large mattress. The shower rooms are large in transparent panels and very convenient. Miami suite had a cafe adjoining the lobby but fold would not be an issue as restaurants are just a few steps outside. With extra large room space and large dressers could accommodate 5 laptops... just too bad that WIFI is only availbble at their lobby. Privacy, cleanliness, modern, safety, parking area are thumbs up. Price is reasonable for the nice big modern rooms.

Room Tip: ... they told me they have choice of three best standard rooms with double beds... i made reservation, updates and inquiries while on our drive thru their celphone numbers
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank john_g298450
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel has a great location and pretty much the little the town has to offer is within walking distance. It is a new hotel (2013) that caters to budget travellers. Still has most of the amenities you require, ac, hot shower, internet in most of the rooms, cabel tv. Here is what they need, safteybox, a keycard that automatically tuns off the power when leaving the room. Reason for this is that the staff will go into the room and check it as soon as you leave, this is done without any information and needs to change. This is also the only reason for the average rating, better saftey and the rating would be higher.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo