See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Perfect place on the Island of Margarita very near the beautiful beaches. The hotel is perfect, clean and everything you could expect it to be. The price is very attractive and the host and owner is always willing to give good advices. I would absolutely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank May P
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Dear Captain Henry,
I would like to express my gratitude for providing the homey tranquility and safety single women seek when traveling alone to the beautiful island of Margarita; it's such a quiet and safe place to be.
My sister and I found at your Inn what were longing for: good service for a fair price, and a neat home environment. You and your staff were all very kind and respectful; your room service was excellent as well; however, I would like to make a simple request, with the intention of improving even more your Inn, considering the outstanding facilities at your Inn, could there be a way to place the air conditioning unit a bit higher up in the wall? The AC unit in our room was extremely powerful and cooled our room way too much. I believe it was due to its location somehow low on the wall. We were freezing in the room with the bunk bed. Just that minor detail can make the experience ever better.
I will book a room at your Inn again as soon as I have a date to come back to Margarita, hopefully during summer of next year. Margarita stole my heart and your Inn provided me with the safety and tranquility that I was seeking. I'll look forward to staying at your Inn again. Again thank you very much and until next year Captain Henry.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed in the Posada del Capitan for 1 week in March 2010. That was our first visit to Venezuela and the first experience of staying in posada and I can say that it could not be better. That Posada was found by chance through the Internet and we are very grateful for that chance! Captain Henry is not only a very hospitable, responsive and unobtrusive host but a very charismatic person on the whole. He helped us to rent a car, explained how to get to different places on the island and gave us many other important advices which we used almost daily. The Posada is a very comfortable and roomy complex, with wonderful pool and view over the sea with many pelicans resting on fishermen boats. There is a small fishing market very close to the Posada where in the mornings we bought fresh fish at unbelievably low prices and every morning fish was of different types! The place is very undisturbed and quiet, we rented a car and it did not take long to get from there to all the other places on the island we wanted to visit - we went to the National Park La Restinga, visited the farthest beaches on the island and various shopping malls. The beautiful cats - Mimi, Lucia and Mazetto only added charm to the place! And a little Leporello, white stray kitten few weeks from birth, picked by Captain on the street, took our hearts away. For this New Year we went to Margarita again but by the moment we decided to reserve rooms in the Posada, the place was already fully booked. But Captain was very helpful again and found us a very nice place to stay not very far from his Posada. Next time when we decide to travel to Margarita again we will undoubtedly stay in the Posada (of course if rooms will be available :)). All I can say that it was a big honour and a great pleasure to become acquainted with Captain Henry and I ham sure that all the people who met him know what I am talking about, he and his Posada are really something special.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We spent over a week in Posada in 2007 with three of my friends. It was the best place to stay and enjoy Margarita- quit, calm and tourist-free zone. We had long and nice conversations with Captain himself and appreciated being in this paradise.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lucy063
Reviewed 11 June 2009

It was the 1st time for me staying in a posada because I preferred hotels before. But now I changed my opinion. This place is unique and it is difficult to describe - you have to experience it. The service is better than a hotel one. After staying at Posada del Capitan we were for a week in a four star all inclusive hotel and I have to say that the service in the posada was better and the posada is very well maintained-it is like a new one-I was surprised that it is about 15 years old – everything was so fresh-unbelievable. We were like in a private villa there-no one to bothers us, everything was for us. The captain drove us to Porlamar and Playa del Agua, he picked us from the airport and drove us to the hotel. He was like a real father for us-very nice and responsible.
The view is unbelievable – you are part of a real picture being there- a small quiet bay, pretty fishing boats, many pelicans, very calm sea and the sunset – it is difficult to see sunset like this-really unique.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple