“BIG BUILD UP,BIG LET DOWN!”
Review of Mayflower

Mayflower
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Haapiti
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Expensive,Two out of four had to send back to thee kitchen for underdone. Only thing good was appetizer shrimp dumplings. Wish I would had just ordered two sets of those for an entree. Sill not go back. Go to le Mahogony,Rudys or Holy Steakhouse

1  Thank LisaLaHabraHeights

Hi LisaLaHabraHeights,

Madam / Sir our establishment is not more expensive than another restaurant offering the same type of service.
You have the choice to choose your establishment according to your budget before making your reservation is therefore an argument hardly credible.

Indeed we serve our meat with cooking the most suitable for the product so as not to alter the product with overcooking.
You wished that it is more cooked we did it without the slightest hesitation taking care to redo your plates entirely.

Cordially.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We booked this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary after locating them online. This place has a Lovely upscale setting and serves lots of French food with a Vietnamese twist. We started with the Shrimp croquettes (really more of pot sticker) with a delicious light creamy ginger sauce-very tasty. For our main course we Split the prime rib (at suggestion of host due to its size-could have fed 3-4 people). This was really more of a bone in sirloin about 3” thick that was roasted, then sliced and served with a large green salad and small serving of creamy mashed potatoes.

The menu features a Strong list of French wines from all regions of France from Champagne to Burgundy, Provence to Bordeaux in a wide range of surprisingly reasonable prices. A tasty lemon tart rounded out the meal for us and we left very full.

Recommended

Vincent B, Gérant at Mayflower, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mayflower Restaurant. We were very happy to receive you and it is a pleasure to read that you appreciated the efforts we make every day. See you soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We dined at Mayflower and due to a full restaurant the service was very slow. Despite this, the rest of the table enjoyed their meal and nothing too bad to report. However, I ate the Wahoo Carpaccio for entree and gnocchi for main. After my meal, my stomach didn’t feel that great. The following morning and all throughout the following day, I was sick with very bad stomach cramps. Not the best way to end my holiday. I understand these things happen, but just hope that if any other patrons made these reports the issue is looked into further.

4  Thank Bianca2691

Hello Bianca2691,
I already answered your comment once but it has been deleted, it's amazing !!
You make serious and unconfirmed remarks!
I am a very strict person on hygiene and traceability of products.
I receive my fresh fish every day.
And contrary to what you say it can not happen.
With more than 15 years of work this is the first time I hear this !! As you say the whole of your table was very happy and it is the proof of our quality. There are many other things with which you could have been sick in Polynesia (mosquitoes for example).

Cordially.

Mr BEAUQUIN Vincent

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

What a lovely meal, the staff were amazing and the setting under the gorgeous lighting was something special. We had Mahi Mahi fish with a pumpkin and pineapple purée with a beautiful bottle of wine ..oh it was divine. However dessert however arrived last and stole the show. I had profiteroles filed with vanilla ice cream with warm melted chocolate and cream my partner had a beautifully crafted snickers dessert . Wow wee what a way to spend our last night on the Island

2  Thank StephanieP3526

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant during our honeymoon. They offer free shuttle service from the Hilton. The driver is also a waitress at the restaurant. Our experience is best itemized in a listing:

1) We really liked the ambiance of the restaurant.

2) Staff and owners are friendly, polite, warm with their greetings and attentive to their guests.

2) The food was flavorful and seasoned well. Warm fresh bread, and diverse food menu.

3) Excellent wine selection

On our way back to the hotel we asked our driver / waitress about the history of the restaurant. She explained how the husband and wife purchased the restaurant a few years ago and work together to provide the best dining experience for their guests. The husband makes fresh bread (it was delicious), pastries and sources his ingredients and seafood locally. I really like how this restaurant supports the local economy. She seemed so happy and proud to work there, we would definitely visit this restaurant again!

2  Thank C P