“Unhappy customer”

and 1 more site!
Frontier Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I had the unfortunate occasion of eating in your hotel yesterday 12th July. My wife suggested we stop for dinner at your hotel on our way home. We ordered crispy garlic bread for staters and we got slightly heated rolls not fully cooked. Completely tasteless.
Hopefully we taught the main course would be much better. ALAS it was much worse
I ordered fresh fish and chips it was a case of find the fish in the very over cooked batter .My wife ordered chicken goujons and they were totally burnt and inedible. To make matters worse I was overcharged for this so-called meal when I pointed this out to the cashier it was rectified. I did complain to the waiter and all he said he was sorry. I should have known better when I sat down first as I noticed tin cans and old raffle tickets in the fireplace which meant to me this place is not very clean for a hotel. Hopefully this letter will help the chef to check the quality of food served.
Sorry for writing this letter but it was a very bad experience eating at your establishment
Yours
Pat Mc Cabe
This is a copy of my complaint I wrote on the 13th. July. I am still waiting for a reply

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We travelled to Derry for a birthday party but because of a Mini Marathon and other events all hotels in the city were booked up or asking for ridiculous room rates.
We ended up in the Frontier which is convenient to the city especially with the very reasonable taxi fares.
The hotel itself is pretty basic but perfect for our needs. Clean comfortable room with a decent shower.
Staff were fantastic! Friendly and helpful which more than made up for any minor niggles. They even rustled up a late breakfast for some hungover travelling companions on the morning of departure (after 12 even though breakfast finished at 10)
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mickandno
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Basic hotel, what you see is what you get. The hotel has a western theme to it hence its name Frontier. It could do with having a thorough refurbishment as it was a bit worn around the edges and could have been a bit cleaner. The staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This is our first visit to the north of Ireland and we were not disappointed. We arrived late evening after a long trip from Newcastle and we were made very welcome by Sarah. The room was of a good size and we slept very well indeed. Food was very good. Would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016

spent 3 nights there .my daughter was getting married nearby .and talking to other guests in other hotels i got the best deal .happy !!sarah,the manager could not do enough for us .making sure we were happy .evening meals good .breakfast good .good location for exploring either derry city or donegal region kevin .

Room Tip: enjoy .we stayed to the front off hotel no noise