All reviews country house attention to detail game drives tasting menu homemade lemonade private pool upgraded to a suite addo elephant park outdoor shower gourmet dinner friendly and prompt service deck overlooking hand written separate sitting area mini bar included in our package course dinner
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Just about my favourite accommodation of all time. Self contained rooms with a plunge pool and not over-looked by anyone (though a monkey / baboon was spotted this morning). The service is brilliant and the food excellent. All this and Addo National Park just down the road. I'm not often reduced to awe but seeing c 100 elephants in a large waterhole yards away (some coming close enough to touch if you were stupid enough) was just extraordinary. Absolute magic.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Second time we stay here and has the same super class as last time.
Fantastic service, food and rooms. On top of that very nice surroundings and just some 8-10 kilometers to Addo Elephant park.
I promise you, you Will love it!

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 24 November 2017

My husband and I spent two nights at Woodall. We had a suite with a private pool, which was very spacious and well equipped. We loved the complementary bottle of champagne and the unasked for car wash. Service, food and grounds were absolutely great. The game drives were also nice with a knowledgeable and friendly guide. We very much enjoyed our stay at this charming place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Unfortunately are two nights in Woodall became one when our flight was delayed. We arrived and thought we were in paradise; beautiful grounds and facilities and our room was larger than the economy cabin in an A380! Beautifully appointed, great food and the staff were lovely. The drive to Addo park was also very memorable - lots of baby elephants and we sighted a dung beetle :).

Room tip: They are all superb
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I dont usually write about the staff but I felt Woodall excelled in this area, the staff were exceptionally helpful and all knew who we were, we even had our names on our menus and the notes left in the room were personalised too. They were also very accommodating, i informed them I did not eat fish and I had a menu adapted especially to my tastes. Needless to say the food was excellent and very good value, the breakfast was the best we have ever had!
The room was very large with a sitting area, a large bathroom with his and hers showers and outside showers, a lovely touch. The bed was large and super comfortable.
The grounds were beautiful and the oasis with all the different birds was lovely to sit and relax in.
There is lemonade, tea, coffee and snacks available all day in the lounge areas and some canapes in the early evening all complimentary.
The safari was very well organised and comfortable and although its paved roads (no off roading here) we still managed to see plenty of animals including a herd of elephants, babies and all.

Date of stay: September 2017