Our stay at Puaikura didnt feel like just ordinary accomodation, it had more of a community feel to it. In the morning guests would be mingling in the communal courtyard, the care taker picking and breaking coconuts from the poolside tree for them to enjoy. When we would walk to our room (2) we would be greeted by other guest enjoying the same view from their balcony areas. Puaikura sets this atmosphere and it helped make us feel secure during our stay.
We found the service here to be superb. Fresh towels even when we didnt need any! There is nothing that the staff would not go out of their way to help us with. 5 days scooter on the house was a bonus! They were most accommodating even after we checked out in the a.m as out flight wasnt until 2am, holding our belongings and still making us feel welcome and taken care of. Thanks Jaz and Leron in particular for being so super! PS Don't compain about the roosters, you're in Raro- and you do get used to them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga/Arorangi, Cook Islands