“Friendly, nice, good food”
Review of Mar Dulce

Mar Dulce
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Moyogalpa
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 11
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I really recommend this restaurant.
They are friendly and the food was really good.

We had lasagne and pasta. My pasta was very very salty but they fixed it and and i didnt had to pay because it took a long time. That is really customer friendly.

We enjoyed our meal and the red wine was good and not expensive at all.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

We enjoyed our dinner here! Great food, reasonably priced for the location, with friendly staff and nice atmosphere. The fajitas were really yummy!

1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I think that TA reviewers are overly kind when it comes to restaurants. Almost everything is good. This restaurant does appear to be the most popular place in town; there was a line soon after we arrived. Other places in town were empty.

My husband got the whole fish, which were actually two fishes. I think that b/c the fishes were not large, they gave my husband the last two...kudos for that. I got the Tex Mex fish fajita, which was good...I just didn't expect to find that style here. I don't normally order Tex Mex, but it was either that or crepes. (The menu was all over the place).

Service was slow, but it was one poor lady working the entire room by herself, so that was no fault of hers.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We visited Mar Dulce twice during our three nights on Ometepe because the food was delicious (and because there aren't very many restaurant options on the Island). We went because the restaurant was highly recommended by our hostel manager, and we did enjoy the food very much.

However, during our visit, we had to wait nearly 2 hours before we had any food in front of us, and the waiters barely paid us any attention, or gave us an indication of how long the wait would be. This was a little frustrating. The tasty food made up for it, but still... be warned that it could be a very long wait.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

I got three nights to spend on Ometepe island. The first night i got out for dinner but unfortunatly Mar Dulce had no seats left. The second night (on sunday) it was closed. And finaly on the third night in managed to get a seat and try out some food.......MAN what was that amazing!! It took some time but damn, it was worth it!! I ate chickenburrito, the chicken was nicely cooked and the plate was so full i couldn't finish it (even i did because of the good taste).
So.....long story short, if you are in Moyogalpa for one night or a whole month, try this place out. It's worth waiting for.