Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2017

nestle in beautiful and safe ometepe (Moyogalpa)I found a warm clean and welcoming home of Auxiliadora guitierrez CHILO a flamboyant lady from Granada and a true Nicaraguan mama who own and run a small clean and safe bed and breakfast near almost everything but calm and secluded enough to rest and enjoy ometepe no street noises only lovely birds singing very very affordable and she does the kitchen as an authentic Nicaraguan lady second to none this is not a stars hotel is a basic accommodation affordable and safe and so clean

Room tip: just talk directly to miss chilo she is the boss
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed there my first night on Ometepe. It is conveniently located and the price for a single room with bath was quite reasonable. I must say, though, that I found the some of the staff (younger family members, I think) to be pretty disinterested. In short, I didn't feel much of a welcome here. It served its purpose but I don't think I will return.

Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We came here based on a recommendation from our friends who stayed here, and boy were we glad we've listened to them.

A private room with a bathroom costs $12 (for both me and my wife). The rooms are basic but very comfortable and spacious, and offer good value for the price.

There are also nice hanging out areas by the rooms with chairs and hammocks scattered around.

The restaurant is also very good. We had a large and satisfying vegetarian plate for $2.50 each.

Doña Chilo and her family are lovely people and made us feel at home (including allowing us to use their kitchen).

The location of the hostel is perfect being close to all parts of town.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelReviewer1983
Reviewed 24 December 2013

the food and the room are winners. 250 cordobas for a huge room which sleeps 3. private bathroom. clean, and quiet. all guests seem to respect the noise level. not a party place. just a chill spot loaded with plenty of hammocks and chairs. we have spotted a shred bathroom, so this would work for solo travel types. the family has been very decent to us. and the weekend grill out sessions are a sound choice. the only let down was the wi fi, which works in fits even next to the router. it is a small worry, but crucial to some. this place comes with a solid recommend. moyogalpa is a great town, and can be used as a base for the larger side of the island.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed at this hidden gem right in the center of town for a few nights in December and was so pleased! The owner, Dona Chilo, had several clean, nice, private bedrooms to show me and let me choose from. The whole time I was there I was treated just like family, they even let me eat lunches (the day's main course) with them for 75 cords. The private rooms were very economical, less than $10 per night for a solo traveler.
The family was wonderful, anything I wanted they were happy to provide me with. They let me cook in their kitchen, use their fridge, fill up my water bottles w/filtered water, or hang out in the rocking chairs with the family.
Don't miss the barbecue dinners Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights. Literally the best meal in my travels throughout CA.

Can't recommend enough!