Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews peanut butter smoothies ferry latte homemade
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

There are many nice places in Ometepe to stay, but if you are going to stay in Moyogalpa, The Corner House is definitely the best hotel.
Moyogalpa is a convenient place because is where you will arrive with the ferry.
This hotel is very clean, comfortable and the restaurant is excellent, you have to try their breakfasts!!!
The staff is so nice. Sergio is really friendly and helpful.
We spent there 2 nights. Then we went to the other side of the island for one night with a motorbike and they kept our luggage there so we didn't have to drive with all our stuff.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Clean, spacious rooms. Water bottles and glasses provided in the rooms, as well as ear plugs as it can get a little noisy on the street. I believe our private room was around $35 USD per night. You can find cheaper for sure, but it is worth the price as it includes a delicious breakfast and great coffee each morning. Not to mention friendly, helpful staff. Cool little open air deck outside the rooms with a view of the volcano. We loved it here.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are lovely, very clean with private bathroom. There are only four rooms, so very small. Typically breakfast is included, but I arrived in a Saturday and they are closed on Sunday, instead or the usual $25 for a private room they charged $20 (since I wouldn't be getting breakfast). There is no A/C so it can be quite hot. The room had a large window that could be opened that allowed for a bit of a breeze. There is a disco just down the street that had music pumping until after I went to sleep. I had ear plugs so it didn't really bother me, but it may some people. I did have breakfast at the restaurant on Monday morning and it was delicious!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We arrived at the Cornerhouse mid week and were welcomed by Sergio and the staff. We sat down to a delicious sandwich and coffee and then were shown to our room on the second level above the Main Street (all rooms are on the second level above the Main Street). I didn't expect Ometepe to be as busy as it was, and when we went downstairs to rent a couple motorcycles we found there were none in sight. However, within minutes Sergio introduced us to the motorcycle rental shop next door and the lady there (Alicia) and we had our motorcycles! I found the Cornerhouse to be an excellent base to explore the island. At night it can be a bit noisy (even mid week), but the convenience of being located a couple blocks from the ferry and close to all the restaurants/stores on the island made up for it. Plus, the staff are amazing, the rooms are gorgeous and the breakfast is excellent. If you are a very light sleeper I wouldn't take a chance here, but if you are like most people this place was perfect for Ometepe. Oh, and if you like security this place had security on the premises overnight as well!

Room tip: 4 rooms available first come first serve, all above street level...
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2016

This was one of my favourite parts of our backpacking trip around Nicaragua. It was so cute, cozy and romantic. Beautiful views, very clean, unlike anything else we found. The owners are amazing they went out of their was to get to know us during our 3 night stay and helped us find things to do. The food and drinks were phenomenal. I would definitely recommend this place!!!

Date of stay: January 2016