Review Highlights
Amazing Thai Cookery Course

I was given a Thai Cookery Course at the Mistley Kitchen for my retirement present. It was a very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
martyn_bryant
Eye, United Kingdom
Sauces and so much more...

Just on our way back from Sherri’s sauce workshop at the Mistley Kitchen. Fabulous day spent in the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sharon H
Staines, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews christmas present cookery course workshop sherri moseley
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Thank you to my wonderful boyfriend for my Christmas present of a sauces course at this quaint location.

As you walk through the shop you stumble into a long kitchen diner where Sherri (sp) will teach and regale you with recipes galore. The two ladies who support the course are worth their weight in gold as they dart around and set up/ clean up.

The course covered the three types of sauces and there is a demo, then you get to try and make a few. There were twelve people on my course and I would have capped it at 8 as there was not really enough space round the cooking island but it went smoothly as people were accommodating and helpful to each other.

You get to take home your mayo (hand whisked for extra blisters) but the rest of the products of your labour combine into a snack, then a three course meal. Wine a plenty and more cooking tips than you can remember!

The only two things I would suggest changing about the running is the amount of exposition by the trainer whilst we were Sat idling... Having dialogue of our cooking tips to share would be great and what cooking gadgets we could not do without helps you feel more engaged. Also the cleanliness of a few areas (oven, ceiling, extractor fan, cutlery draw) were a little lower than I'd expect from a cookery course. Other than that I'd love to do more courses at this venue if they'd have me back!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic day at the Mistley Kitchen on a cookery workshop. We were on the Sicilian course, and Ursula Ferigno was a great tutor. We came away truly inspired. We also came away full as we ate a five course meal that we had helped prepare- all in the garden in the spring sunshine. We will definitely do this again!

1  Thank Izzie62
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

A very nice and relaxed atmosphere. My girlfriend loves the place can't get enough as for me i can't fault the place just not my cup of tea. Don't make a snap judgment from outside go in look around then make your mind up you'll be surprised.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

This shop has a great range of cookery tools, including pans, knifes etc, just about everything the budding cook might need, great for gifts or just something to indulge yourself with. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Ever find yourself wondering what to get that someone special in your life, for either a birthday or Christmas gift? If they love food and would like to learn how to prepare and make interesting dishes, Mistley Kitchen does a great assortment of courses in a friendly and convivial atmosphere. I recommend a bread making course with Sue Hudson or one of Ursula Ferrigno Italian courses. I can't recommend them enough, you'll get the same high level of service, where nothing is too much to ask for.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Thank you ladies for all your help... very friendly and helpful when looking for kitchen wear and lovely gifts...my auntie loved the vases thank you again