Mistley Place Park Animal Rescue Centre
Review Highlights
Visited after many years

Visited this weekend as we were in the area Haven't been here since my kids were small Still a... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Davtinbl
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Great place to take the kids

Reviewed 23 May 2018
George S
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom

All reviews rescue centre feed the animals ducks and geese an animal lover little tea room love animals entrance fee little gem young children moseley pigs horses goats volunteers cafe visitors digby
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Visited this weekend as we were in the area
Haven't been here since my kids were small
Still a bit untidy and couldn't spend long here but the work they do should be supported And praised
The staff were very knowledgeable and passionate about the animals
Only £3 to get in and 50 p for a large bag of food
Sort of place kids would love but may Be best not to wear their best foot wear

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

A fun and friendly place to take children where they get close to the animals. With a low entrance fee and cheap food to feed the animals. It’s nice to know these rescue animals are well looked after. There’s also a woodland walk that’s a great adventure.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This was terrible,visited 12 August 18 with my husband and 4 children under age 11, nothing like advertised on website. Website said over 1000 animals including dogs, cats,rabbits,Guinea pigs, goats, sheep, alpacas,chickens, horses,pigs accasional peacock, there was 1 sheep 2 goats couple horses 2 rabbits few pigs and loads of chicken. It was filthy very smelly and animals were covered in flies. I understand it a rescue place but what animals were there were disgusting one of the pigs could not even walk properly and was very sad. Don’t think that the money they take at £3 per person is of much help and does not warrant what is there. When asked the lady in the hut where the rest of animals were she said you have to make appointment so they can bring animals to suit you. If you are looking for a day out would not recommend we were out in 20 minutes and all covered in poop took longer to clean everything then walk round. And I would recommend a face mask or sick bowl for smell.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to go and feed animals that are free to roam and to be able to get up close our three grandchildren loved it and the cafe has great food.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Local to us and offering a good menu, staff friendly and happy to help with choices, haven't been able to try their fish and chip night yet but I've had very good reviews for it

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Good food, plenty of it. A very traditional cafe but plenty of space. Very good value and good basic food. Recommend the Sunday dinner but you might need to book.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Interesting site full of many animals, suitable for anyone, including small children. Thank goodness these kind-hearted people are there to help these animals who have been rejected/neglected. My young grandson absolutely loved seeing all the animals at such close quarters. There is also a walk through the woodland to the lake.
Do try out the restaurant. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced.
Elizabeth T

1  Thank ElizabethCatherine44
Reviewed 23 May 2018

On our last visit, we felt that the place was a bit shabbier than it was. However, the food was good and plenty of it! Don't expect Fine Dining, cos the prices they charge would not cover those sort of luxuries. Having said that, the meals were cooked very well and will not break the bank!

Mistley P Park is a great place to take the kiddies and monies from the cafe help fund the expense of the great work that they do there. Please support them in any way you can.

1  Thank George S
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Easy to find. Arrive in the car park greatest by chickens. Was a little confused where I went to pay but a few workers told me to go to the cafe if the hut was unmanned. Payed £3 a adult free for my daughter as she only 1. Opted to feed the animals the food was 50p a bag. Bargain.gibibg little stickers which I lost within seconds. Greated through the gates by geese how much they are cute they r rather annoying once you fed them they r greedy geese. Follow you the whole visit. On this farm they have ferrets, pigs, rabbits, ducks, geese, goats, sheep, horses, Shetland ponies, donkeys (Digby) grumpy little donkey... And of course llamas :) do not be afraid to feed them they won't hurt I promise. Great morning spent here. Popped into the cafe. Wednesday roast day,£7 I cleared my plate. Cream teas sold here too. Will be visiting again. Keep up the great work you do.

1  Thank Lisa-Marie H
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very good food and friendly staff, i stopped of to eat lunch whilst out for my walk. I didn't visit the animals but could see them outside.