“OK”

The Mistley Thorn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Mistley
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely bar, beautifully decorated, generous sandwiches,very pleasant and helpful staff, went above and beyond.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Kitchen and waiting staff discussing their business around the tables and at the back of the restaurant with swearing really let this lovely little bit ofEnglish history down. Wonderfully simple decor, simple but well cooked food all out the window by the foley of the servers.

7  Thank greedyguts370
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The staff were excellent, my daughter and partner were involved in traffic and although they were late by nearly an hour there was not a problem at all. The staff were amazing and left us to enjoy our drinks until the rest of our party arrived, at which point our orders were taken promptly and the delicious food arrived soon after! All dietary requirements were carefully catered for to ensure everyone could enjoy the meal equally which was greatly appreciated! We can't wait to go back! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 31 January 2018

A last minute booking was made and we are thankful it had space. Starters of blue cheese souffle, which were divine, were followed by two beef roasts. Everything about the roast was spot on other than the strange, cake like Yorkshire Puddings. I think this was the first time I had left them on the plate.

Delicious food and great service.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I ate at Thorn for the first time last Saturday as part of a larger group. Having checked out the online menu and having heard good things from friends we were keen to go.
On arrival we were shown to our table and the waitress told us what was unavailable (quite a lot) so we all settled down to choose from what remained on the menu. Oysters were an option so when the lady returned to take our orders my partner and I asked for Oysters - to be told they had run out. Then several of the main dishes that our party wanted were also unavailable, despite them not being on the list that we were given when sitting down.
So, disappointed we ordered from what remained. My husbands chowder was under seasoned and not the greatest version of this dish he has ever had. I had the salmon salad which was good.
He then had mussels and I had a mixed dish of fish served on mashed potato with a pepper sauce. My neighbour at the table had the same dish. We both tried some and then said the same ‘this isn’t that hot’. We were by this time hungry and so didn’t send them back but ate them quickly.
Onto dessert. The panna cotta my friend ordered was off and had clearly turned. The cheese was ok and the cheesecake was good and enjoyed by my neighbour. The panna cotta was removed from the bill (quite rightly) and staff were very pleasant but seemed slightly frazzled.
All in all an enjoyable evening with friends but slightly disappointing food which I hope will be redeemed if we visit again.

2  Thank WifeMumWorker