Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
All reviews my parents home away from home care taker the owner beautiful garden collection of books opportunity to meet calm place guest house stay there again homely atmosphere spacious rooms short trip pleasant stay mr cook ashok
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little cozy place in Shantiniketan. Rooms were extremely clean and matched the pictures exactly. Lots of greenery around and a quiet serene environment. So if you need a little peace and quiet, away from the hustle of city life. The hosts are friendly and very helpful too. Great value for money! I would happily stay there again the next time I visit Shantiniketan.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Chandrima C
Anirban L, Owner at Pubali Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear Ms. Chakraborty,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the peace and quietness that our home offers. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we would definitely love to have you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

During last holi I along with my family stayed there for 2 days. The atmosphere and ambience inside the house is excellent. It is very near to Ashram also. The hospitality which I and family members received from the owner Mr and Mrs Lahiri is unbelievable. According to me it is a home away from home. We will never forget the experience and try our best to stay there during our future visit to Shantiniketan.

Amitabha Basu
Suvra Basu
Abhraneel Basu.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Anirban L, Owner at Pubali Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Mr. Basu,

It is indeed heartwarming to read your nice words. Goes without saying that it was an enriching experience for us to host and know you and your family and we do look forward to having you again at our home.

Thanks and Regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Unlike the guest house like ambience of the so called homestays mushrooming around bolpur/shantiniketan,this one is a welcome relief.amidst a quiet neighbourhood,this cute bungalow is home to an elderly couple,who unfortunately were not present when we visited.but their presence was everywhere,right from the bookshelves to the kitchen.we were made perfectly at home by their son,who remotely micromanaged every detail from bangalore to make our stay comfortable.The bungalow is vwry near the Jamboni bus stand and Gitanjali hall,close to hotel Basundhara.the rooms are big,airy with plenty of light.the garden abounding with seasonal flowers.washrooms are clean and functional.one of the rooms have attached washroom while the other doesn't.The caretaker budhi will take care of all your sudden tea cravings.meals are not available,however,home delivery can be an option from the nearby restaurant.the owners will guide you on this.there is a fully functional kitchen as well,so it is ideal for those with small kids or elders with special dietary requirements.

However,those not travelling with their own car,may find it a bit difficult travelling to and from this place to the main areas of shantiniketan,especially during festive times when the infamous totis charge an exorbitant amount.but if you have your own car,go for it.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Anirban L, Owner at Pubali Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Hello Miss Abhinanda,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay at our property. It is so heartwarming to learn that you cherished your stay with us, that's all that we strive for even with the limitations that our home might have. I passed on your kind words to Budhi and he was delighted to hear them. That you loved the quietness around our home is one of the USPs that it possesses, albeit trading off on the fact that it used to be quite difficult even for us at times to find a means of travel in emergencies. But thanks to the Toto stand that has come up in front of our home, just around the corner, commute has become much easier now. We even try to help our guests by passing on the contact of a couple of toto drivers who know us well and are readily available to serve our guests with some priority.

I must admit that it was an enriching experience hosting you and your family. I would not forget the excitement in your voice when you first called me up upon reaching the home, I felt so relieved as I was worried if I was being able to manage everything remotely. With that confidence, I sincerely hope that you have found your "home" to stay when you are back to Shantiniketan in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I visit Pubali Homestay on 3rd March,2017 and Stay for 2 Days. Nice Room & Behaviour of Caretaker excellent. We are very pleased. I booked Standard Double Room. Room
condition is good. But I request the Authority, kindly arrange the size of bed little larger,
so that Two adults & a child sleep comfortable. Otherwise it's very good.

SUBHASH SOM

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Anirban L, Owner at Pubali Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hello Mr. Som,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. I would pass on your kind words to the caretaker and I'm sure he would be happy to hear. I am sorry that you felt the bed size was not up to your expectation and would definitely keep that in mind when we plan to change things around for the betterment.
I hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we would look forward to hosting you with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I visited with family couple of days ago. The hospitality is good but if you love privacy then you may feel it lacking.I felt so because there was no attached bath with my room and I had to walk upto it across the common passage.The room facility was not upto the mark compared to price. Breakfast provided to us was not satisfactory.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank torsa123
Anirban L, Owner at Pubali Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Torsa,

Thank you for taking your time out to review us. We are happy to know that you found our hospitality worthy. Having said that, it is indeed very unfortunate that you were disappointed by the size and general disposition of the rooms at our property and we are sorry to hear that. We are a small, family-run Bed & Breakfast and cannot claim to meet the standards of a hotel. We sincerely hope that you found accommodation to your liking during the remainder of your travels

Regards,