All reviews mud house chicken omelette the owner furniture toilet kolkata property
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the Garden Bungalow a few months back. I was quite done with the hustle and bustle of the city life and wanted some time for myself, away from the crowd. Santiniketan seemed to be the ideal place, after much research. When I checked out the garden Bungalow, it seemed the right place for my purpose and I booked a room immediately. On visiting the place, I was impressed by the entire aura which looked way better than the pictures.

The main verandah and the terrace were my favorite hangout places because they are very airy and gives you a pleasant summer feeling. The hosts were well behaved and catered to every need of mine. I plan to visit it very soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I visited the garden Bungalow a couple of months back, and it was pretty hot but the greenery around the place made it so much bearable. The people there are amazing hosts and the place is very well maintained. I also have to appreciate the cleanliness. The well kept gardens and lined trees make it a picturesque place. It's a totally different experience altogether. I felt transported to 19 century Bengal. You should definitely try out the food as well, it's amazing!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Enma379
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The first thing one notices on reaching the garden bungalow is their location and the surroundings. I went with my family and we kept visiting khowai, which is just nearby to the place. The antique furniture added oomph to the stay. Also the ambience was so peaceful, just right to stay in a place like santiniketan. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

" I had came to visit my daughter who lives in Shantiniketan. While going towards the banks of Kopai River I came accross a little white board pointing towards a little ally that says "The Garden Bungalow". At the entrance I was welcomed by a cheerful old man who happens to be the Manager. I came to know that the place was made by some renowned Painters. So I called my daughter over who happens to be a painter too. Both of us liked the place alot, especially the way it is mantained and the attention given to asthetic details. We spent four days in there. I chose The Heritage villa while my daughter chose the mud villa. The room that I stayed in is called The Bahaar Hall on the first floor. The size of that room is massive, and true to its name. My daughter stayed on the ground floor of the Mud Villa and turned its balcony into her Painter's studio. What we loved the most about the property is the holistic ways in which they mantain the garden. They have their own compost. They do not use any fertilizers and the fruits that grow in the garden are organic, though they don't advertise that much. Will be back again in the monsoons.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chiranjit1995
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I have been thinking about doing a solo trip and I am glad that I chose The Garden Bungalow in Shantiniketan. The mud Villa was where I stayed which provided me all the isolation I needed. The view around was stunning with wide open balconies, letting in sufficient air and light which lets you take the feel.of the place. Half of my time would be spent reading something while sitting on the balcony that overlooks the ponds and the well maintained gardens. The service too was very satisfactory, and they let me be at peace.
The best place to stay while in Shantiniketan

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo