“Best Deal on the Island!”

SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Best Deal on the Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

All Rooms=All Suites!
Excellent w/comp. breakfast; three pools incl 'upscale', kiddie pool; whirlpool, hot tub and situated right in the Gulf of Mexico!!
Within walking distance to all restaurants and attractions!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilHarmonik
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We came back to Pensacola Beach for a second time and decided to stay here again because we really, really enjoyed it the first time. We were on vacation the middle of August of last year. We decided to get a room with a pool view and Gulf view, which is in the "L-shape" portion of the hotel. We liked it fine, but really preferred the room we had 2 1/2 years ago, which was an Island View and Partial Gulf View. The partial Gulf/Island View was much more reasonable compared to the Gulf/Pool View. Plus you didn't have to worry about other people staring at you from all the other balconies. The partial Gulf View was much more private and also quiet. We'll definitely get a room on that side of the hotel the next time. We noticed that they didn't do any improvements in the rooms. The carpet is looking pretty old, and some of the decor is not as nice as in some of the newer hotels. For as much as they charge for the rooms, a few upgrades are really desirable. The breakfast buffet and staff were as good as the last time. The water was pretty clean, but we did see some traces of oil from the Gulf spill in the sand and also had it on our bathing suits and skin, but it was very minimal. Our daughter, who was 7 at the time, enjoyed all three pools, especially the kiddie pool. We had one problem with a strange smell coming from the fridge, and housekeeping took care of it right away. Housekeeping picked up our daughter's robe by accident. It was found later after we had returned home, and the hotel made us pay for the shipping expenses. Overall, the stay was great though, and the Gulf view and beach experience were so relaxing. We plan on coming back. One more thing, when going to the beach, we would take the elevator all the way down to the garage level. That way, you don't have to walk through the breakfast area and walk by the pools with all your stuff. I need to mention one more thing ... one night my daughter threw up all over the bathroom floor in the middle of the night. We had to call housekeeping since we didn't have any cleaning supplies. They sent someone within just a few minutes, and the gentleman put his plastic gloves on, and took care of the whole mess. We were very thankful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Natti2011
Campbellville ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

The hotel only has suites, which include a separate sitting area (no door separating them), with a microwave, bar-sized fridge, coffee maker, sink, and cupboards.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are quiet, well appointed and are roomy.
Rooms with a balcony are worth it for the views of the gulf.
The breakfast is complementary, and has lots of choice. The only small drawback is that there is no restaurant for lunch/dinner. There are several good restaurants nearby (short walk). Try the Native Cafe across the street - it was a great find!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank RuthCampbellvilleON
Dallas/FtWorth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This hotel has the offerings of the Marriott brand right on the beach! Smoking is prohibited. The spacious rooms are clean and comfortable with a complimentary breakfast every morinng including bacon, sausage, eggs and Belgian waffles. There is a service on the beach that offers umbrellas and chairs for a reasonable fee (not affiliated with the hotel). The hotel is located not too far up or down the beach with quick access to lots of things to do. There are two large pools *plus* a third shallow wading area for small children with effects to make it more fun. Little kids might not appreciate that the ocean is the home for animals like jellyfish or crabs, so the pools are a good alternate for relaxing in the cool water without any distractions. On rainy days, one can visit the museum at the naval air station (with amazing, full-size airplanes everywhere & IMAX shows). Leading up to our vacation, I often viewed a public webcam that was aimed down the beach from an adjacent hotel (with much higher rates), so that I could check the beach before my visit...the sands are sugary white (and powdery...very, very pretty, but not the best for sand castles). That sand gets everywhere. The is some in my garage to this day.

Room Tip: reserve a room with gulf/pool view so that you can anjoy the view but try to get a high floor so tha...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank txfamilyguy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The location of this hotel is wonderful- you are within walking distance of a couple of places to eat and the beach is beautiful, housekeeping did a good job but this is where the positives end...Your beds are close to the hallway and I was woken a couple of times during the night by doors to other rooms being opened and closed and people walking and talking in the halls. (We stayed during an off season, I couldn't imagine what it would be like during a peak season.) The pillows are a cheap down and I found myself with an itchy nose and watery eyes even though I have no down allergy. The televisions are small and many of the channels are fuzzy. The internet is ridiculously slow and half the time I had to refresh my browser in order to read my emails- don't expect any streaming of video with a bandwidth this slow. The food was mediocre at best, they give you quite a selection of stale food to choose from but it was free so not much was expected. (I suggest eating only the fruit, cereal, and yogurt!) To top this off, while slipping to the concession area to grab a snack while my son napped I was locked out of my room due to a mistake of the hotel staff not programming my key for the full extent of my stay. The assistant manager then demanded entry into my room in order to "prove" that I was who I said I was even though I had credit cards with my name- knew the extent of my stay- knew all the information on the account and THEY had locked ME out. Given the fact that I had a sleeping 2 year old as well as thousands of dollars worth of electronics in my room which I would rather not have hotel staff know about I refused and ended up having to jump over my balcony in order to regain access back into my own room. As a Marriott platinum member you expect a bit better treatment. The hotel itself I would give 3 stars but combined with the treatment I received this hotel deserves no better than 1 star! Beware, you pay for what you get!

Room Tip: Get a room away from other travelers so you don't have to hear them through the walls!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family