1,130 results
All reviews crater view room second floor cookies national park great view no elevator jagger museum breakfast buffet dining room rooms are small window table worth the price walls are thin once in a lifetime gift shop enjoy the view visitor center
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I loved my stay at Volcano House! The hotel itself has a historic and rustic feel to it. Keep that in mind if you are expecting a 4/5 star resort/hotel. You are paying for the unbelievable view day in and day out you get of the glowing and breathing caldera. The lobby has a beautiful seating area with large windows that overlook the crater and caldera, and a gorgeous fireplace for warming up after being out in the cold ( surprising but true many nights at the Volcano!). The hotel staff is friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. They offer daily hikes/walks that most don't seem to take advantage of but I highly recommend. Learn about your surrounds from an expert rather then just wandering on your own all the time. I loved my time at Volcano House and was extremely sad to leave. I will be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jecca_86
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Arrived on the evening to mimosas and freshly warm cookies! Room was basic and dated, sometimes a little cold but you won't spend any time in there anyway, so much to see and do around. The breakfast omelettes made while you wait are good but it can get a little busy especially on the Sunday we were there. Parking can also be an issue as we had to park across the road at the visitor centre, no charges though. Location wise it's unbeatable, if you only have a short time on the island, allows a base to see everything in the park in a few days.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Setting is great and very convenient for exploring the park. Volcano view rooms do have a view although obscured in part by tree for room 21. Hotel feels a bit tired, bathroom is tiny but strangely there is a large area for suitcase. Safe didn't work but very helpful staff fixed it. Breakfast is ok and dinner is also ok, but you are paying for the view and experience rather than great food. Better dining options close by in Volcano.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eastrop
Reviewed 15 October 2016

My wife took me to Volcano House restaurant for my birthday and very special it was too. We had a magnificent dinner with the glow from the lava lake in the background. The staff there helped to make it special and I really enjoyed it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I recently stayed and dined at Volcano House in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The bed and room were super comfy and clean. I really enjoyed my room however it did not overlook the volcano. It overlooked the parking lot. So if you are interested in watching the glow of the volcano from your room ensure that you have a room on that side of the hotel. The sitting area is lovely. Management staff very attentive.

Room tip: Volcano side
  • Trip type: Travelled on business