Ways to Experience Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
from US$ 182.30
from US$ 571.87
from US$ 120.00
7,325 results
All reviews jagger museum the big island active volcano steam vents visitor center chain of craters road thurston lava tube volcano house lava flow after dark hiking trails halema'uma'u crater live volcano hour drive volcanic activity once in a lifetime orange glow
Reviewed 7 September 2018

There are few other places on Earth where you can peer down into the caldera of an active volcano. Carefully stroll across the lava fields and watch steam rise from the Pacific as new land is formed. Be aware. There is much unstable "land" and poisonous gas in parts of the Park.
Make certain to heed all posted warnings for your safety as well as that of our national park employees.

1  Thank bklyn56
Reviewed 2 September 2018

My wife and I did a cruise excursion that included the Volcanoes National Park and it was an amazing day, although a little disappointing that we saw no lava activity (if we had visited one month later that would have been very different!). I understand the national park is closed currently (Sept 2018) so you would need to check with the national park website if planning a visit.

We visited the Kilauea Iki Crater overlook, the Thurston Lava Tube, the Jaggar Museum, Kilauea crater, saw steam vents, etc but was a little disappointing there was no lava activity to see. There is lots to see and do in the National Park, and it will be interesting to see what the park and that part of the island looks like when Kilauea settles again and the park can reopen...it is Mother Nature at her most powerful best...certain a must do attraction when it reopens.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

One of the main drivers in choosing Hawaii Big Island as my family vacation destination was the opportunity to visit the Volcanoes National Park, particularly after the recent eruptions. I visited the park’s website to check whether it was open or not, and there were no indications of closures. I even called the telephone line for the Volcano House restaurant to make a reservation and I was asked to leave a message in a voice mail with my request. Again, no indication of it being closed. To my dismay, when I arrived to the island everything was closed. Not only all the park was closed, including the Volcano House hotel and restaurant, but it was not even permitted to stop along the road that crosses the park, and the view points for the lava flows into the sea were also out of reach. Very disappointing.

5  Thank Fernando_Delgado
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The resent lava flow and problems have closed the park and the inns, but are due to reopen in September 2019. When it was open we would go for a chilly morning drive to the park and eat breakfast in the restaurant. It will be wonderful to get back.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Every time we go to the Big Island we go to this park and spend at least 1 or 2 days there. There is so much to see and experience. I was able to hike to the dormant side of the volcano just 3 years ago which was amazing!. There is so much to see and experience.