“Keaton was awesome!”

Grand Canyon Ultimate Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were in Williams to see the Grand Canyon. Never been there before and didn't really know what to expect, or how to approach a natural wonder so vast that to see it all would be impossible for a short visit. We did research on the park itself and thought well, we could drive in and drive from point to point. Or, we could use the shuttle buses within the park to get around. But, once we were there we wouldn't really know what we were even looking at. We decided to use Canyon Dave Tours. Keaton, our driver picked us up at our hotel and we were off. It's an hour trip to the park and the experience started immediately. Keaton explained the flora and fauna of the area as we drove. The history of the canyon, etc. Once in the park, we went to many lookout points with commentary of what we were looking at. Were the river is, names of the peaks, the different layers of rock (various colors) and what and how this all came to be. I had taken geology courses in college, but that was in the Midwest, where everything was basically glacial action. The story of how this canyon was formed is fascinating. Having Keaton as our driver and tour guide was the best thing we did on our trip. I really feel that it was so much "value added" to our GCNP trip that we would have taken away less from the experience without this tour. Thanks Keaton!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Our tour was spectacular! Our guide, Keaton, was extremely knowledgeable and made the day enjoyable. A delicious lunch was provided at The Cameron Trading Post which is an authentic Native American Indian restaurant with good food and shopping. We also had a great group of people on our tour. The picture on Facebook of the four couples is a nice memory!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent tour and our guide was Keaton. He was a great tour guide and extremely knowledgeable. He covered many vista points and took care of lunch and snacks as well. Had I known he would provide binoculars(nice touch), I would have left mine at home. The geology and botany lessons were a bit too much, if you aren't into it and just want to see the canyon, but keep in mind the owner was a geologist himself. . The guide did cover a lot of nice vista points and helped with pictures, so overall it was excellent. Keaton is a great narrator and his stories of the canyon are a true delight. Don't miss those. I will take this tour again if I can and recommend it. Decently priced since we were only a group of 7 and were very comfortable. If you do not want to plan and drive on your own, this is for you. The jaw dropping views of the canyon make up for any tiredness you may feel on the 8+ hour tour.

1  Thank elementary1watson
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

When you see it you understand why no poster can capture nor memory hold its essence. No poem or prose evokes such emotion. No facts or knowledge absolves the wonder.

So it's a hole in the ground 1 mile deep, 3 miles wide, and over 270 miles long. Elk, deer, squirrels and crow will stop and pose. You can possibly nibble its majesty and fathom its status as a natural wonder without help. But to connect some dots I needed help.

This tour, this dedicated time without driving, planning and parking myself was just what I needed.

The 14 passenger van held 5 that day. The driver was Keeton the weather gorgeous. He told us stories of history and showed us tangible geology pointed out wildlife and shared significance of plant species we would otherwise walk past.

For the price $199 each - park admission included, restaurant lunch included, snack and drinks included. Binoculars included (nice touch).

The point is I understand some facts I only knew before and I believe some ideas I only thought before and I will recall things of beauty and wonder I would have just lost to memory before.

That is before this tour.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We took the all day tour of the Grand Canyon. Our wonderful guide was Keaton who picked us up at the hotel on time, was courteous, patient and informative. Keaton provided not only historical information, but info on geology, native cultures, various animals and comprehensive information of the canyon. We were amazed at his knowledge. Keaton had a great personality an made the trip an excellent adventure. At lunch Keaton recommended the Navajo specialties which were delicious. We highly recommend this tour. It is worth the time and you will not be disappointed. Hopefully you will have Keaton as your guide.