“Grand Canyon South Rim tour”

Canyon Dave Tours Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon Ultimate Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent tour and our guide was Keaton. He was a great tour guide and extremely knowledgeable. He covered many vista points and took care of lunch and snacks as well. Had I known he would provide binoculars(nice touch), I would have left mine at home. The geology and botany lessons were a bit too much, if you aren't into it and just want to see the canyon, but keep in mind the owner was a geologist himself. . The guide did cover a lot of nice vista points and helped with pictures, so overall it was excellent. Keaton is a great narrator and his stories of the canyon are a true delight. Don't miss those. I will take this tour again if I can and recommend it. Decently priced since we were only a group of 7 and were very comfortable. If you do not want to plan and drive on your own, this is for you. The jaw dropping views of the canyon make up for any tiredness you may feel on the 8+ hour tour.

1  Thank elementary1watson

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

When you see it you understand why no poster can capture nor memory hold its essence. No poem or prose evokes such emotion. No facts or knowledge absolves the wonder.

So it's a hole in the ground 1 mile deep, 3 miles wide, and over 270 miles long. Elk, deer, squirrels and crow will stop and pose. You can possibly nibble its majesty and fathom its status as a natural wonder without help. But to connect some dots I needed help.

This tour, this dedicated time without driving, planning and parking myself was just what I needed.

The 14 passenger van held 5 that day. The driver was Keeton the weather gorgeous. He told us stories of history and showed us tangible geology pointed out wildlife and shared significance of plant species we would otherwise walk past.

For the price $199 each - park admission included, restaurant lunch included, snack and drinks included. Binoculars included (nice touch).

The point is I understand some facts I only knew before and I believe some ideas I only thought before and I will recall things of beauty and wonder I would have just lost to memory before.

That is before this tour.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We took the all day tour of the Grand Canyon. Our wonderful guide was Keaton who picked us up at the hotel on time, was courteous, patient and informative. Keaton provided not only historical information, but info on geology, native cultures, various animals and comprehensive information of the canyon. We were amazed at his knowledge. Keaton had a great personality an made the trip an excellent adventure. At lunch Keaton recommended the Navajo specialties which were delicious. We highly recommend this tour. It is worth the time and you will not be disappointed. Hopefully you will have Keaton as your guide.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We had a spectacular tour with Dustin, there wasn't any question that we had that stumped him, you can tell he loves his job. Our tour was chased about with rain, hail and lightning all day long but Dustin took it in stride and we really didn't get all that wet as he just getting us into areas that we could duck out of the bad weather and we're certain we didn't miss a thing. We got to see and experience a great cross-section of the Grand Canyon area including driving through a Navajo Reservation and enjoying lunch in Cameron (included). We've done guided tours several times in many National Parks and strongly recommend this one. Bonus: we were the only two people on this tour so we got Dustin's undivided attention!

1  Thank Hootie711
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My family went on a full day tour with Guide Keaton. The tour was amazing. We were picked up at our hotel (BW Squire) in Tusayan. Even though the concierge had set up the trip no money was collected until the morning we actually went. We have been on big bus and gray line hop on hop off tours in Chicago and New York City we've also been on a day tour in LA. Our Grand Canyon outing was just as good if not better.

Keaton was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He was able to answer nearly any Grand Canyon and area questions.

Lunch was included at the Cameron Trading Post on the nearby Navaho Reservation. We ordered from a complete menu of regular and Navaho meals. Each meal was great. And we expected to have to leave a tip...nope EVERYTHING was taken care of.

I could give detailed accounting of each site and overlook but you need to go check it out yourself. Three suggestions: bring your camera, bring a jacket (we wore ours in the afternoon when wind and rain clouds lowered the temperatures), and get to know the other passengers!