“7 hrs without the stress of maps ”

Canyon Dave Tours Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon Ultimate Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

When you see it you understand why no poster can capture nor memory hold its essence. No poem or prose evokes such emotion. No facts or knowledge absolves the wonder.

So it's a hole in the ground 1 mile deep, 3 miles wide, and over 270 miles long. Elk, deer, squirrels and crow will stop and pose. You can possibly nibble its majesty and fathom its status as a natural wonder without help. But to connect some dots I needed help.

This tour, this dedicated time without driving, planning and parking myself was just what I needed.

The 14 passenger van held 5 that day. The driver was Keeton the weather gorgeous. He told us stories of history and showed us tangible geology pointed out wildlife and shared significance of plant species we would otherwise walk past.

For the price $199 each - park admission included, restaurant lunch included, snack and drinks included. Binoculars included (nice touch).

The point is I understand some facts I only knew before and I believe some ideas I only thought before and I will recall things of beauty and wonder I would have just lost to memory before.

That is before this tour.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We took the all day tour of the Grand Canyon. Our wonderful guide was Keaton who picked us up at the hotel on time, was courteous, patient and informative. Keaton provided not only historical information, but info on geology, native cultures, various animals and comprehensive information of the canyon. We were amazed at his knowledge. Keaton had a great personality an made the trip an excellent adventure. At lunch Keaton recommended the Navajo specialties which were delicious. We highly recommend this tour. It is worth the time and you will not be disappointed. Hopefully you will have Keaton as your guide.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We had a spectacular tour with Dustin, there wasn't any question that we had that stumped him, you can tell he loves his job. Our tour was chased about with rain, hail and lightning all day long but Dustin took it in stride and we really didn't get all that wet as he just getting us into areas that we could duck out of the bad weather and we're certain we didn't miss a thing. We got to see and experience a great cross-section of the Grand Canyon area including driving through a Navajo Reservation and enjoying lunch in Cameron (included). We've done guided tours several times in many National Parks and strongly recommend this one. Bonus: we were the only two people on this tour so we got Dustin's undivided attention!

1  Thank Hootie711
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My family went on a full day tour with Guide Keaton. The tour was amazing. We were picked up at our hotel (BW Squire) in Tusayan. Even though the concierge had set up the trip no money was collected until the morning we actually went. We have been on big bus and gray line hop on hop off tours in Chicago and New York City we've also been on a day tour in LA. Our Grand Canyon outing was just as good if not better.

Keaton was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He was able to answer nearly any Grand Canyon and area questions.

Lunch was included at the Cameron Trading Post on the nearby Navaho Reservation. We ordered from a complete menu of regular and Navaho meals. Each meal was great. And we expected to have to leave a tip...nope EVERYTHING was taken care of.

I could give detailed accounting of each site and overlook but you need to go check it out yourself. Three suggestions: bring your camera, bring a jacket (we wore ours in the afternoon when wind and rain clouds lowered the temperatures), and get to know the other passengers!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Highly recommended.

My family of four from metropolitan New York includes two young kids. We were looking for a Grand Canyon tour that is not one of the cookie-cutter types driving around to take some photos. We want our family and kids to have some education, hands-on learning, and down-to-earth experience at Grand Canyon.

We contacted Canyon Dave and Dora (our guide) customized an one-day tour for us. We had a private tour navigator (Dora), private comfortable van, and bottomless snacks and drinks. Our customized tour includes site-seeing at common as well as uncommon places with breathtaking views, study of local fossils, hiking a few trails (not overly difficult), a geology lesson of rocks and Grand Canyon's formulation, learning local wildlife, and spotted a few animals including a large male elk, vultures, ravens, blue singing birds, yellow butterflies, etc.

It is an awesome experience for my kids and a memorable adventure for all of us. Special thanks to Dora for leading such a wonderful experience! Highly recommended.

(Background: My family are frequent travelers and visited over 40 countries around the world.)