Review Highlights
one big check off the bucket list

WOW! This was an incredible and challenging hike. The grade wasn't difficult and there was no... read more

Reviewed 2 February 2018
CR141
Hidden Oasis

This was a great trip, with challenging hikes and awesome views. I would recommend using a guide... read more

Reviewed 26 November 2017
Tom L
Smithtown, New York

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Grand Canyon National Park
from US$ 107.99
from US$ 62.00
from US$ 125.99
More Info
All reviews great hike horses stream waterfall packs land camp helicopter miles canyon
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I hold memories of this place in my heart, from the first time I visited in 1969. I have been back two more times, although the most recent was in the 1980's before it became more crowded. I can't comment on the conditions there now, but I can say that over the years I have told many people that it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen--and I've seen a lot of amazing places! The falls, the high canyon walls, the sense of solitude and distance, and the contrast of the blue sky-red rock-turquoise water are all incredible. If this sounds like something you'd like, do it!

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was with a rafting tour on the Colorado in early June 2016. The guides stopped at Havasu Canyon. We hiked about 1.5 mile to beautiful turquoise pools. The place is spectacular. The guides mention the water is light blue from calcium carbonate upstream. We were able to stay in the pools for about an hour before heading back.

6  Thank oldbarney1
Reviewed 7 May 2015

This was my 5th trip to HavaSupai but it was my Birthday so why not wake up and be 60 years old in World Class sight. From what I understand it going to be every 5 years to go back from here on. I backpacked my gear this time but might do the mules next time. Will see! Great Hike.

3  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Amazing side hike while rafting the canyon with AZRA. This is a daylong hike from the mouth of them canyon. Popular with rafters so you can go as deep into Havasu as you want.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my 5th backpack trip in the Grand Canyon, but my first in Havasu Canyon. You will see raves about the place and I can't add a superlative you haven't already seen. The place is an oasis and garden of eden all in one. Just goes to show what you get when you pour water on a desert. Beautiful!

Be aware that the walk to the campground is about 8 miles one way. Some backpack their things in. Others pay to have their things horse packed in and out. A very few rent horses to ride in and out. Be prepared for a place of beauty with a population that is not so beautiful.

It is tempting to take a tent site along the river for the best view. Beware the afternoon winds, though. It blew 2 of our tents down and filled the rest with dust. Take a site back by the canyon wall if you have that choice. Better shade and less wind.

15  Thank GoOSUCowboys