“Wow!! What can you say!!”
Review of Havasu Canyon

Havasu Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Cascading waterfalls and sky-high cottonwoods mark this canyon, an off shoot of the Grand Canyon, which is reached by a challenging hike and offers many idyllic spots for exploring, picnicking and camping.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We started out in the dark as we heard it was a tough hike. We ran into a couple guys on the way out and they needed water so we gave them some. They were very happy for it. Let me step back first and say that driving in was not very safe. Met a lot of bull elk on the way in at midnight, at 60mph. Watch out!!! The hike turned out to be not too bad. We started early enough so the heat never got to us. We got to the village and checked in and then explored the first falls!! No words, just beautiful We then went to the next falls and it was even better!! The beautiful water in the middle of the desert. Pictures don't to it justice. We then set up camp and explored the next waterfall!!! Even better!!! Climbing down the tunnel made for an even better experience. We then went to our last waterfall and that was beautiful as well!!! Saw a group of big horned sheep up close and personal. What a wonderful place. One of the best places I have ever been. Will have to go back soon to get better pictures. I didn't bring a good camera as I didn't want to pack it in. Definitely will next time!!!! Enjoy!!!!! Please note that the hike back out is much more difficult. Had to carry my wife's pack out for the last mile or so.

5  Thank rex m
in 5 reviews
"canyon"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I hold memories of this place in my heart, from the first time I visited in 1969. I have been back two more times, although the most recent was in the 1980's before it became more crowded. I can't comment on the conditions there now, but I can say that over the years I have told many people that it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen--and I've seen a lot of amazing places! The falls, the high canyon walls, the sense of solitude and distance, and the contrast of the blue sky-red rock-turquoise water are all incredible. If this sounds like something you'd like, do it!

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I was with a rafting tour on the Colorado in early June 2016. The guides stopped at Havasu Canyon. We hiked about 1.5 mile to beautiful turquoise pools. The place is spectacular. The guides mention the water is light blue from calcium carbonate upstream. We were able to stay in the pools for about an hour before heading back.

6  Thank oldbarney1
Reviewed 7 May 2015

This was my 5th trip to HavaSupai but it was my Birthday so why not wake up and be 60 years old in World Class sight. From what I understand it going to be every 5 years to go back from here on. I backpacked my gear this time but might do the mules next time. Will see! Great Hike.

3  Thank Jim B