“Must do hike!”

Navajo/Queens Garden Loop
More attraction details
Owner description: 2.9-mile hiking trail that leads to rock formations shaped like Queen Victoria and her garden.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This trail is so amazing. We took the advise of many and decided to start at Sunset Point, descending through Wall Street to make the ascend easier and I really recommend you do the same if you are not in the best shape. We went in December in the off season so we had much of the trail to ourselves which made it that much more special. Trails are clearly marked and it was super easy to follow. The ascend to Sunrise Point was still a bit steep, so just take your time if you need to and take in all the views. Every turn gives you a different perspective of the rock formations. All I can say is God's creation is simply amazing!!!

10  Thank christy91730
in 13 reviews
"slot canyon"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I'm not really a hiker, but my daughter convinced me to take her here, and all I can say is that it was nothing short of fantastic. We were here in early December so the traffic on the trail was very lite which allowed us a lot of private photo ops, and just good quality time to set and take in this experience together.

If I have any advice it would be to do your homework on your route. We dropped in and walked clockwise and exited wallstreet. It was beautiful, but the last half mile or so was literally nothing but switch backs up hill. It was still a fantastic hike, but if I ever get to do it again I would prefer to reverse our route. Lastly I am from the east coast and live about 1,200 feet above sea level. Our highest local elevation is just a little over 4000 feet. If your like me and not in the greatest of shape you really need to plan on taking your time because at nearly 8000 feet the elevation can have an effect on you.

All in all this place should be on everyone's bucket list!

3  Thank Dan m
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This loop is a bit tiring, we chose to go first down and then up and i think it was a good choice. There is no water/toilet on the loop so think about it before doing loop :)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This is the #1 trail in Bryce for a reason - this is the hike that enables you to see the most/best of the wonders that Bryce has to offer the lucky visitor - Hoodoos, Thors Hammer and more incredible rock formations and crazy trees with twisted trunks and charred looking branches.
By early November the Bryce Shuttle bus had stopped running but most people come here in their own transport anyway. We easily parked in the Sunset Point parking lot at 10am on a Saturday in early November, there were many spaces. I recommend starting this hike at Sunset Point and finishing at Sunrise Point. The reason for this is that the initial descent down into the Canyon on the Navajo loop is fairly/moderately steep with some switchbacks but you don't notice it as you are fresh and you're still too stunned by the scenery to notice the drop in elevation. I must note there are two different routes down into the Canyon on the Navajo loop, because it is a loop obviously!
Then you pick up the Queens Garden trail which leads you gradually up to Sunrise point. This route ends in a more gently sloping ascent than it would be to go the opposite direction and start at Sunrise Point and finish by walking up the Navajo loop which is more steep.
Overall it takes around 2 hours to get from 'Sunset' to 'Sunrise' points but take your time and take it all in!
The elevation here is between 8200 and 8600 feet but you really don't notice any lack of oxygen at all, in the cold Fall anyway, unless you happen to be very sensitive to altitude.
We also had time after this hike to drive ten minutes South down the scenic route to visit the Natural Bridge before heading out via a quick stop at Ruby's Inn for some souvenirs and coffee, and the gas station across the road to top up our gas tank before heading back to Springdale/Zion, and still had time to do the Canyon Overlook hike there before dark. It was a great day! Enjoy everyone!

18  Thank sge31