“TOP 3 restaurants in ayrshire”
Review of The Blair

The Blair
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Kilwinning
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Loved it. Came for lunch anf had mixed grill. Both my wife and I have raved about it since anf have sent everyone we know along with our recommendation. Well worth the journey. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1  Thank Scott H

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

A very poor experience, consisting of slow service, an inability to cook basic fish and chips, the batter was soggy and greasy and the chips weren’t warm. When I raised my issues with the staff, it was most disappointing that they were unable to manage customer complaints effectively.

5  Thank JDGlasgow
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

After reading fantastic reviews, we couldn't wait to try The Blair.
The restaurant itself is warm & inviting. The staff were fantastic. Helpful & friendly but the food was hit & miss. Couple of the starters were quite small for the price. Main courses - The steak was lovely although the mustard grain mash was bland. No taste to it at all. The mixed grill was a mixed bag. It was huge but some of the meat wasn't the best unfortunately. I would go back again & try something else from the menu which has a lot to choose from.

4  Thank lisalen
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Had special meal out for a birthday and a retirement here as felt it could be relied upon to impress client. Shared starters were delicious and VERY well presented. Liver I am informed was lovely, steaks impressive as well as they always are here. Unfortunately two of us chose beef stroganoff, we felt that the amount of beef in it was lacking plus not as creamy as we had hoped or liked for our taste, I would have preferred more rice and no or even less vegetables. Wine was pricey we felt and while we do not mind paying for a good wine were not convinced one we had was worth price to be honest. Staff were excellent as always and restaurant comfy and warm, inviting even, on cold January evening. Just another small point the car park was poorly lit and disabled spaces hard to find in the dark, we struggled with disabled guest tbh. I am sorry as I do like the Blair and will come back but did feel it only fair to give constructive (I do hope) criticism as well as positive for the amount of money we spend here.

4  Thank Truthfulady1
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stopped off here on the way back from Glasgow for late lunch. A lovely restaurant which had open fires which made it very welcoming. Food however was not what we expected, I had fish and chips, fish was average and to be honest could have been bought at a local freezer shop, chips were served in a basket and should have been home made but looked and tasted like frozen french fries.This was my first visit here and apart from the lovely atmosphere and staff there was not much else to recommend

4  Thank mrjunter