See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We spent a night at this hotel, as we were driving back from Tinchuley to Kolkata, and wanted to spend the night at Bagdogra, so that we could leave early and reach Baharampur before sundown.
The hotel was located on the main road. Check-in was fast and courteous. Room and the toilet were spacious, well appointed and very clean. The bed had a good mattress, and I slept well. The air conditioning was perfect for good sleep.
We ordered food at the hotel restaurant and ate there. The food was tasty well cooked and served well, in a clean environment.
I found the hotel to be excellent, only it was in the wrong place. Normal tourists or business travelers will probably not stay here, rather than in uptown Siliguri.

Room Tip: The floor above the Reception Counter was really quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We reached from Bagdogra airport in the afternoon and were surprised to see it is not on the road at all. It is behind a shopping complex so do not be surprised by the facade on internet. It is just a building. However, this hotel offers spacious rooms, not so clean bedding, clean bathrooms, all day hot water, good food (home style, a little bit oily but satisfying) and prompt service. AC was centrally operated but more than enough. Reception is not well staffed, especially if you are checking out early in the morning. So prepare early. However, the staff were courteous and prompt. View from the room opening over to whatever was behind the hotel was pleasant (see photos). In a way, I was glad the hotel was behind the shopping complex and not road facing in the end as the roads are dusty due to nearby construction. It is not close to shopping areas by walk but close by drive, barely 3 or 4 kms. We also managed to find an Ola ride to Gangtok from here! (Book early the previous night to start early in the morning).

Over all, after our bad experience at a 4 star hotel in Gangtok, we had respect for what this hotel offered! Value for money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Due to problem at Sikkim - Siliguri highway, I was asked by my travel agent to leave from Gangtok very early (1 am at night). Although I had a flight from Bagdogra at 4:20 pm.

I found hotel orbit is very near to airport, so on 24th June at 8 pm I called at hotel for checking room availability, we were 5 people, I asked him we will reach the hotel very early around 4 am and will checkout at 2 pm. Receptionist from the hotel told me we need to take two rooms with one extra bed and it will cost around Rs 8300 (Inclusive of taxes). Since I don't have any other option, I agreed with the deal.

on 25th June, i reached the hotel around 3:30 am in the morning, at the checking time the receptionist told me their tariff is Rs 3500 for each room and Rs 800 extra bed and 19% tax so total cost of stay will be Rs 9282. I told him over phone he asked for Rs 8300 (for two rooms and extra bed, inclusive of taxes), he clearly refused the same and said after few hours you can see people will come and paid the same for few hours stay at reception only.

at 4 am in morning I don't have any other option so after doing barraging, deal was finalized with 5% discount (Rs 3325 for each room and Rs 800 for extra bed and 19% tax, total of Rs 8865). I checked in the room and slept

They serve breakfast from 7:30 in morning till 9:30, I went to restaurant at 9:00 for the breakfast, we were 5 people and in buffet only 3 piece of bread and 1 omelet and cold chole bhature was available, I asked the person for bread he said sorry bread is finished. I was shocked bread kind of thing is not available at restaurant.

After some time I have ordered some other food from the restaurant, which cost me Rs 265.

At the time of checked out, I will pay using card, he said sorry sir you have to pay some amount in cash and rest can be paid by card. so he took Rs 8595 from card and asked me give cash of Rs 535. I asked him why small cash amount? he said he need to adjust 5% discount in billing thats why he asked for some cash.
I asked for the bill, he said printer is not working so he will provide handbill in 10 min.

He provided me the bill, at that time I was in rust for airport.

When I checked the bill, I found room rent is charged at Rs 3150 for each room and extra bed charges was Rs 700 and taxes @19%, which sum up approx. Rs 8300 and the Cash of Rs 535 was not billed.

I stayed in Room 104 and 105, Also I can share copy of bill. on which cash amount is mentioned roughly.

Thanks,
Deepak

Room Tip: I suggest if you would like to stay at this hotel then book online only.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank deepaksetia
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for some hours ... Really a bad experience... Dese guys don't know the meaning of hospitality..although food is priced cheap but very bad in taste... Toilets are very dirty..Not advisable to stay

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

The room was good , quite spacious. The hotel is only 3 mins drive from the airport. But the major turn off for this hotel are a few extremely rude staff. As per Bagdogra standards, the hotel is quite expensive , but the staff is not ready to change dirty and torn bedsheets and pillow covers. I have never seen such rude staff in any hotel. When requested to change the torn bedcovers, they bang the doors on our face. I would have rated the hotel more, but my experience is very bad because of the staff. You cant afford to be rude in the hotel business.

Room Tip: No views from the hotel rooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family