All reviewsgeorge dragonthe pubselection of beersnew managementvalue for moneyburgerattentive staffenjoyed drinkschickencontemporary feelsaturday nightnice atmospheregood sizefeel very welcomecar parkmealchester
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Called in for lunch 18 of us after a walk around Tarvin. Ordered soup & a sandwich. Soup was undiscribible. I can only tell you it was purée green/grey in colour & very bitter. It was not fit to eat and when I complained the girl cheekily said to another lady who was waiting for hers ' shall I cancel yours' the answer was yes. Needless to say i did not pay for it as I could not eat it.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Great place, will be back. Also visited your other pub The Plough in Gresford too only a few days ago, really friendly short guy behind the bar who I haven't seen before - you have such friendly staff.
Both local type pubs but welcoming to everyone.
Keep it up! Thanks

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Set in the small tranquil village of Tarvin, this friendly and contemporary designed pub has plenty of bar space kept mainly for drinking, with lots of choice on drinkswith both draft and bottles to choose from. The dining area is well laid out with plenty of space and a hoid traditional pub menu and suitable for couples and families alike. Live music usually on a Friday evening and usually gets a good crowd. Had rooms but never stayed over so cannot advise on them.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

We were a group of 12 people who visited the George and Dragon on a very busy Saturday evening following the Christmas fair. We received outstanding service from Emily and the food was most enjoyable. Would highly recommend and we'll be back very soon.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I popped in for lunch. The girl behind the bar was lovely and my dog was allowed in and warmly greeted, but my lunch, a simple cheese and pickle sandwich with a few chips on the side was pretty awful. The chips were hard and the bread was dry and stale, with just a hint of cheese and pickle. This cost £4.95. I did mention it to the girl behind the bar and she was very apologetic. The food was replaced but the replacement was hardly any better than before. I may pop in for a drink in future but I most certainly will not eat there again

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo