All reviewssausagedog friendly pubdog ownerslove dogslulworth covejacket potatodog loverschicken currydog treatslow beamsgreat pubhuge portionskippersdurdle doorcar parkfull englishshort break
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This inn has been refurbished and has new owners. As a couple we ate here on two separate nights in the evening. The hospitality and food was truly superb.

If you visit do try the chicken dish and the dark chocolate dessert - cannot be faulted.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan703
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Such an amazing little old Inn. Especially for me and the rest of my Canadian family. We loved the history and old rooms, it made the experience so memorable. Do go here, and support this business because they're wonderful.

Room Tip: Rustic Inn
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed for 3 nights over New Year's Eve. The Manager Graham, Kate, Chloe and the rest of the team were wonderful and so friendly and welcoming. We cannot praise them enough! On New Year's Eve Graham put out a free buffet during the evening and we had brillaint night welcoming in the New Year. The rooms are in need of refurbishment and once this has been carried out the place will be excellent as the location is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Graham I, General Manager at The Castle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Julie,
I have shared your review with the team and we are all really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. New Years Eve was a great night for all of us too,the atmosphere was brilliant with all the hotel residents joining in the singing etc. We wish you the best for 2018 and look forward to seeing you again after the refurbishment.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We spend New Year’s Eve with my partner and our dog; the staff made us feel very welcome and the hotel was really quirky with a lovely old fashion feeling.
The new owners explained that they are planning a massive refurbish in their rooms; I think it’s needed however the atmosphere was so friendly that it worth the stay.
It was just so sweet to see all the dogs welcome and playing together until late.
And apparently it’s a ghost in the hotel; so watch out for that

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Monica,
thank you for your very kind feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will return to see us again after the refurbishment. We wish you all the best for 2018.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting for a wedding. The staff were really friendly and the room was ideal for a short break. Breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend The Castle Inn. The shared bathroom is a little lacking for shower facilities but otherwise a perfect place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry P
Graham I, General Manager at The Castle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Harry P,
thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return after the refurbishment when all rooms will benefit from their own en-suite facilities. Thank you.