We wanted a complete contrast to our noisy London living and it was really important to us that we stayed where the other guests wanted the same. Ie peace and quiet with countryside views and no partying wedding guests or screaming kids or babies. It is great when you are there to realise that this is exactly what the hosts intend their B&B to offer. There is fantastic attention to detail which at the same time is not at all fussy or frilly - with furnishings, travel books, cookies, toiletries, dressing gowns all on offer - so that you feel the owners have really considered what it is like to arrive after a long journey and what exactly you might wish for in a stay away. We stayed in the Barnes room which is the smallest but with nice views, roomy shower and comfortable bed, if a bit less room to spread out. Easy to walk to a pub and restaurant - look out for the concealed footpath above the road to the left when you walk down to the cove at night - much safer to choose that path - and take a torch (also very thougthfully provided).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset