The weekend was fully booked so we stayed from monday to wendesday. We scheduled to arrive at 3pm but ran late due to a little shoppingspree in plymouth. At 5pm lisa called worried if we got lost on the way, as it can be tricky to get to west lulworth.
When we arrived at 6pm she greeted us and showed us the barnes room on the top floor (looking out to the quiet garden in the back and onto bindon hill). Small but very tidy and clean. Some amenities in your room: Cookies in a jar, pralines by the bed, fresh bottled springwater, tea and coffe, bathrobes, organic shower and hair gel, even feminine hygienic products as well as strepsils to easy a cold, wettowels and aftersun lotion. Even a little torch as there is no streetlighting in lulworth. And if you for some reason dont find what you need, there is a little shop across the street.
Wifi is provided however as the walls are thick the connection can be weak on the topfloor.
The breakfast gives you a healthy start for the day: organic products such as yoghurt, cereals, red berries, vanilla sugar (which i enjoyed very much), jurassic juice (local apple juice) and a hot breakfast prepared to you likings (eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, toast, tomatoes).
Both hosts show interest in you plans and even give you advice on what to do or what to see (or to eat: the porkbelly in the local pub was delicious).
The location is perfect: in the center of this little charming town, only minutes from lulworth cove, and approx 30min to be at durdle door and the coastal path by foot. Lulworth castle, tyneham and corfe castle only 10-30minutes away by car.
When we checked out we recieved a little more chocolate and a personal goodbye from Lisa and Clive.
Overall its been a perfect stay in this charming little B&B. Thank you and see you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset