“"A Perfect Star-Rating Lodge"”
other travellers have booked this property
Photo by Eugene Everson Oct - Nov 2017 The happy hot pot of Lodge Brekka
Brekka bathing in the Northern Lights
Shooting Star
Two linked lodges, Langholt and Brekka
Photo by Eugene Everson, Oct - Nov 2016
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
jocelynlo...
Oak Lawn, Illinois
“"A Perfect Star-Rating Lodge"”
Reviewed 18 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

If there's such a thing as 100 star-rating, I would definitely give Brekka Lodge that rating. First of all, my colleagues and I would like to extend our utmost gratitude to Mr. Jón Baldur Þorbjörnsson for a warm welcome and for letting us stay at this awesome cabin with such a magnificent view. It absolutely exceeded our expectation. Everything is well-organized and the cabin is well-equipped. Very clean and spacious. Mr. Jón Baldur Þorbjörnsson was very helpful, he provided us with all the indispensable information and instructions on everything. If you are on your quest to capture the earth's most dazzling phenomenon (The Aurora Borealis), I highly recommend to stay at Brekka, definitely the perfect spot. We were so lucky to have witnessed Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) during our stay there, it was indeed a dream come true. If I were to go back to Iceland for another vacation, I wouldn't have any second thoughts to book Brekka again. We can't thank Mr. Jón Baldur Þorbjörnsson enough for his hospitality! We really enjoyed our stay there.

Daniela B
Handforth, United Kingdom
“Brekka is absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 3 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Recently I have stayed at Brekka and I don’t know where to start, it was such a lovely holiday! Brekka is absolutely beautiful I keep saying the pictures I saw on-line don’t justify how amazing this place really is. It is very well equipped and all the little details is what impressed me the most. You have the most stunning views all around the house with sunrise and sunset to be seen across the beautiful Fjord! It is just divine to come home after a long day of exploring to chill and relax in the hot tub. Also all the instructions from Jon were brilliant, I never booked a holiday house and felt that welcome and well informed! I will defiantly go back and also check out the other two houses offered by Jon and Anja!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Jane R
“Amazing country and fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We loved our brief visit to Iceland and Brekka was the perfect base to explore the local area. it was comfortable and warm and the hot tub in the snow was magical. We were even lucky enough to see the Northern Lights from the deck. Jon was very helpful and we would love to come back and visit again some time. We would definitely stay at Brekka if we came back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Klaudiusz...
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 21 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

The cottage is amazing. Its clean, Spacious, well equipped, warm ... the list goes on! if you are travelling in winter I would recommend a 4x4 because the roads can be very hard to drive on near the cottage. JB was a brilliant host, he helped us greatly and warned us about the weather warning. Driving in the evening I would recommend driving the quicker route through the tunnel it costs but saves you time. During the day, deffo take the longer route around the fjord as it is stunning! its only a little detour but worth it! Can easily accommodate 8 people, we were only 3 and didn't really use the upstairs lounge as down stairs was big enough for us. The views are stunning from the lodge I couldn't recommend it any more! Be prepared to drive past the drive a few times but it is literally 2 km after Hotel `Glymur on the left!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Cloe4321
“Amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 16 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

We have just returned from our first trip to Iceland where we stayed at Brekka for 3 nights. The location is amazing and it was just magical sitting in the hot tub looking up at the northern lights! The lodge is very clean and well maintained and we received lots of helpful information from Jon prior to our visit. We will definately be viaiting again!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing