3,617 results
All reviews shinjuku station shuttle bus club room minute walk bit dated business district convenient location shuttle service narita airport mt fuji decent size early check rooms are large the hotel offers japanese hotels japanese breakfast standard room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was phenomenal! Rooms awesome, spacious and so clean! Staff and service was great! Regency Club staff extremely helpful with tours. Service, food and drinks in club were much better than anything I have experienced in the States.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staying here to celebrating my birthday and my partner birthday.
They are locared just in the best place in tokyo, near to metro station, food haven, tokyo metropolitan govt building (free observations)

The room is awesome, realizing it just got renovation. So still fresh, the club lounge is great just right food for nibles.

There is convenience store in the basement in case you need some kit kat.

The staff is really helpful and awesome,
Free shuttle bus to shinjuku station.

Absolute recommended place to stay during tokyo visit.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The service is outstanding with staff going out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of. Although my rom was showing some signs of wear, it was exceptionally clean and comfortable. In my Room with a king sized bed, the bathroom was separated into a small toilet room, complete with heated seat and hand was basin, and a spacious bath with a separate shower. This portion of the bathroom had a raised floor. The sink was a raised basin. The lighting in the bathroom was dimmable, but not very bright at the highest level. The room included a spacious wardrobe and a safe for valuables. The restaurants are expensive, as expected, but there are other options nearby. Across the street is a large park with trees, play areas, and a fountain. The hotel is located in the heart of the Shinjuku business district next to the Metropolitan Offices. There is easy access to the subway. To reach other parts of Tokyo.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a Hyatt member and tend to only stay at Hyatts when I travel. I am not super picky when it comes to hotels but do have a certain standard that I look for and Hyatt Regency has never failed to live up to that standard, until now.

During my 13 night stay in Tokyo I spent two nights at the Hyatt Regency in Kyoto (which I will also review) and WOW what a difference. I was already unhappy with the smelly, outdated, not quite clean feeling room but when I saw the difference at another Hyatt Regency I was just blown away. The staff there was outstanding and rooms were updated and modern. I won't go into detail about that stay as I will be writing a review for Kyoto as well.

Anyway back to Hyatt Regency Tokyo. The view was nice and I can't say any member of the staff was at all rude but the room itself is just preposterous. It is dark, the carpet smells, the mattress did not have a mattress cover on it (I religiously check for bed bugs when I travel). Luckily I didn't find any in the mattress but it certainly did not look well maintained.

Come to find (via TripAdvisor reviews) that updated rooms are indeed available, at an extra charge mind you, but even that wasn't offered to me.

Another traveler in my group stayed at a nearby hotel and their cleanliness and attention to detail was well above this hotel, and at a much lower price I might add.

In summary, save your points, save your money, stay at another Hyatt or maybe the Hilton across the street, just DO NOT stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo.

Room Tip: Do not stay here but if you do ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Explorer800957
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Smoking smell of the main bar was not acceptable. There was no non-smoking section in the bar. Both the manager and the bartender did not care about non-smoking customers. I sat at the bar, but had to get out of the bar because of very bad smoking smell. They really need to have a non-smoking section.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business