3,998 results
All reviews main tower train station food court an aquarium bowling alley dolphin show huge hotel hotel complex new tower haneda airport convenient location aqua park rooms are small single room yamanote line department store ramen
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently on a business trip.
What an absolute gem of a hotel, stayed on the 20th floor of the main tower- what a view!!!!!
Rooms were lovely , clean and comfy
Golf driving nets , tennis courts, aqua land, cinema,bowling alleys,shops,bars, restaurants- what more do you need
Oh yes a concierge that nothing was too much trouble.
As everything in Japan - runs like clockwork
Well impressed

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The Shinagawa Prince Hotel is one of the several big hotels in the Shinagawa area in central Tokyo. Its location is excellent and the hotel is fine, but has seen its best days some decades ago. My room in Main Tower was comfortable enough, albeit slightly cramped, and the view was gorgeous (I could clearly see Mt. Fuji the day after Typhoon #22 had passed and left the air particularly clear). However, it wasn't at all clear that I would have the room that I had. When I checked in on Friday night, the young man at the reception told me cheerfully, "You booked a twin room, but we will give you a single room in the East Tower." Having just flown in from the US East Coast and having booked the room well over a month before, I didn't feel like accepting this downgrade. I'm a tall guy and I've stayed in Japanese single rooms enough to know I will have a hard time fitting into the bed. I requested the young man to give me the type of room I had booked, but his rudimentary English wasn't good enough to engage in the discussion (or perhaps he didn't have the authority to make the decision). So after a bit of a wait, a supervisor appeared and allocated another room to me. I was glad because even here the twin bed was almost too small to me (Japanese hotel beds tend to be shorter than in the West and my 6'2 - 187 cm frame tends to leave my feet dangling).

The hotel was rather crowded, which resulted in lines in several places. The hotel has 4 towers, which all connect to the main lobby and there doesn't appear to be adequate seating capacity. So there were long lines to the reception, breakfast room, guest services, package service and elsewhere. I ended up avoiding them to the extent possible.

There are several eateries on the premises. I visited the Cafe Restaurant 24, which is a casual place but not bad (unfortunately, I was seated next to a large group of very noisy Eastern European men). Another one, which I enjoyed very much was ICHOZAKA Bistro Japonais, a stylish yet cozy place with a nice atmosphere, good contemporary Japanese cuisine, and an excellent selection of wines and sake. Unfortunately, the Top of Shinagawa lounge and bar on the 39th floor was closed for renovations.

Another minor complaint I have is that the pool in the hotel has an entrance fee (JPY1,000 or USD9) even for hotel guests. It's not that much and it often happens in Tokyo. Still, I am used to the fact that the pool and sauna are free to patrons staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JuhaUitto
Reviewed 12 November 2017

OK for one or two night stay. Wouldn't want to stay any longer. Tiny room and bathroom, but spotlessly clean. Very quiet and a comfortable bed. But minute room. Great helpful staff who are really great to deal with and Business center on top floor for a basic free breakfast

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Excellent hotel. Great location. Very particle (close to train station with a direct train to the airport). Nice staff.

The hotel however is much crowded. Too many people and long waiting time for breakfast. Bit expensive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Pick your room based on budget and size. It is a huge complex. Try to include breakfast at time of booking or breakfast can get expensive. The hotel had all amenities including bowling, pool, karaoke, top floor bar,fancy buffet restaurants (continental or Japanese), great Japanese restaurants.... Fantastic location close to subway and JR.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business