US$ 55
US$ 51
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 85/night.

US$ 326
US$ 274
  • Pool
US$ 113
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 152/night.

US$ 141
US$ 106
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 136/night.

US$ 93
US$ 76
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 89/night.

US$ 83
US$ 77
US$ 77
US$ 64
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 79/night.

US$ 87
US$ 78
US$ 106
US$ 88
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I stayed four nights in Fukuoka Takakura hotel and grew to like the location more as I had more chances to walk around its vicinity. It's very close to Yakuin station ( nishitetsu line and subway) and one can take a walk to Tenjin as well. I actually took a long walk back from Canal city area after dinner one night and found one popular road side ramen stall that has a long queue nearby!

The room and bath for single occupancy is small but I know it is already considered more spacious than other typical business hotels, the service standard is excellent with English speaking staff.

The hotel also has a nice lobby area for meeting with guests. The buffet breakfast is ok standard, I thought it will be good if more fruits can be served. Overall I find it a nice hotel that is worth revisiting.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2016

This is an ok hotel. Close to Yakuin station which is quite central in Fukuoka with a few restaurants and cafes in walking distance. No complaints about the service was fine. The main issue was that the room was claustrophobically small but probably not as small as some rooms in Japan.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2015

We stayed for 3 nights.

The basic double room was spacious for Japan, clean, comfortable, and good value. Some aspects a bit dated: TV and radio, but this is very minor. Wifi occasionally unreliable, but was good speed in the room.

The staff were excellent. Polite, helpful, the service in general was excellent.

The breakfast was fairly standard japanese and western options. Not worth the 1700 yen, but fine.

Easy 5-10 min stroll into centre of town, plenty of good food nearby.

Overall: good value, good sized, clean and comfortable rooms. find breakfast close by.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked four nights at the last minute, as my travel plans had abruptly changed. Takakura is not close to the Hakata main train and bus station, but is within a short train/bus or taxi ride away. The neighbourhood is safe, quiet, in a low traffic area, and a short walk from one of the main busy roads. I felt quite at ease as a solo female non Japanese speaking tourist from Australia. There are all the conveniences within walking distance that you would expect within a Japanese city neighbourhood. A local post office is just around the corner.

Service was exemplary throughout my stay and reinforced my belief that the Japanese are definitely masters in all things hospitality. My most memorable example: when I needed to post some large items to Australia on a Sunday. The local post office was unfortunately closed that day and when I asked the hotel reception staff about alternative options, they were practically falling over themselves to help me. Firstly, they asked if they could see the size of my parcel (a bulky bag of ski clothing) and then proceeded to quickly find a box that I could pack it in. They even taped it securely for me. The box was then weighed and postage prices on the Japan postal service website were checked before advising me all of the freight options available. After this, I was given directions to the main post office several neighbourhoods away and given a map, with the journey's bus numbers and stops highlighted. This was so appreciated!

The reception staff had varying degrees of English ability, and on the whole I did not have any issues with communication. I was able to easily engage in light banter with some of the younger female staff. I asked them about the hotel's guest demographics, as during my stay I did not see any non-Asian people at the hotel. They advised that Takakura is popular with locals and visitors from other Asian countries. Knowing this instantly made it more cool to me, a visiting tourist from a non Asian background.

The only minor thing mildly inconvenient were the little tea cups in the dining area. They just weren't big enough to quench my coffee thirst and lining up several cups of coffee at my table during breakfast may have raised a few eyebrows among fellow guests. Smaller sized portions are typical of Japanese dining and I found these tea cups fairly standard in other hotels and restaurants in Japan. Bring your own mug or simply adapt!

I would definitely recommend Takakura Hotel Fukuoka and extend my deepest thanks to all of its staff that made my stay so pleasant, comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Belle A
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is located in a very nice area next to the station. It´s a classic business hotel, with nice and friendly staff. The rooms are quite small though, but no smaller than other hotels in Japan. I´d stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
THFfront, お客様担当マネージャー at Takakura Hotel Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear oleckn,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our hotel.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and convenience of our neighborhood. As you have noticed takakura hotel fukuoka is located near great places like Tenjin where there are great places to eat and shop.

If you return may we suggest that you explore the beach area and Hawks Town. There you will find more shopping, places to eat and things to see.

We thank you again for your comments and look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Best regards,