All reviewsexpress bustop floorarima onsenonsen hoteljapanese hospitalitychoose this hoteljapanese roomspringosakagoldkaisekiironsilverstationrelaxationluggage
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stayed couple of time in this hotel and this hotel is famous old fashioned in this area. So my impression, the room is feel old but if Onsen "Hot spring" is your first priority. I will recommend you to choose this hotel. Cause they maintain Onsen well, means I don't feel antique this Onsen and also they newly established Onsen at grand floor too. It's also prepared Kinsen gold color "slightly more contain iron and sodium. " and Ginsen silver color "ordinal Onsen". So, you can enjoy at night for top floor and in the morning, try at grand floor Onsen. I hope, you love this hotel ;)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ShimizuY
Reviewed 28 February 2017

For every trip to Japan there's always one thing I make sure is on my itinerary - a ryokan stay with a much needed soak in the onsen. Arima Onsen is an important destination to onsen aficionados and I was really looking forward to it.

I didn't really notice the beneficial effect of the ginsen and kinsen waters of Arima as compared to some onsens I'd visited before. What really impressed though is the quality of food and level of service of this hotel.

Our room was big, comprising a large traditional Japanese tatami room with a separate sitting sofa area, a Twin bed western bedroom with a massage chair and its own toilet, and another big bathroom with a size rarely seen in a Japanese ryokan hotel. There were doors that could be closed between the Japanese and western rooms. The place was spacious, clean, comfortable and looked good. Oh, there was also a balcony area spanning the whole length of both rooms. We walked along it and gaze out to a nice scenery.

The in-room kaiseki for dinner was wonderful. Ingredients were top grade and the Kuroge Wagyu is the best I had so far. Course after course, we were very happy with what's presented. I would go back for this meal alone. The only slip-up happened when the dessert took a really long time to come. The nakai-san had probably forgotten about it but she was excellent in all other times and she speaks good English.

Breakfast buffet was fine and the selection was what one normally would find in Japan.

Although it was high season and we had difficulty finding a suitable room at first, the hotel didn't seem to look very busy. The onsen was pretty empty and I was wondering where everyone was and doubted the occupancy until the next morning when I finally saw the numerous guests at the buffet. There were many in the queue (there was an area with seats and coffee and TV) but we were seated in a very short time.

Would I recommend? Yes, but it's pricey. Would I go again? Yes.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Smelltheflower
Reviewed 6 February 2017

The arima grand hotel is a perfect family vacatin spot. I've been to other hot spring hotels but this one had huge rooms, great on-sen (hot spring) and a lot of attention to details. The Japanese dinner set was nice but the western style dinner set is really just ok. The hotel is located on a hill above the main street so to take a tour of the main street would require a short bus ride. (or you can hike down the steep hill its only a 7 min walk) The breakfast baffet had many selections but mainly Japanese (which I preferred anyway). The kids really enjoyed the arcade and there is a nice pool outside if you are traveling in the summer. All in all a great family vacation spot.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kuos
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We arrived at Arima by 'ropeway' and walked down into town. The wee one was taking a nap in the stroller so it seems a good idea at the time, definitely easier to take the courtesy bus that the hotel lays on.
The hotel is modern, clean and the staff couldn't be friendlier. we had a traditional japanese style room with great views out to the surrounding hills.
Dinner was served in the room and the food was excellent. Breakfast was in the dining room with a great choice of asian and western foods.
Then hotel grounds are well kept and I am sure very popular in the summer with the outdoor pool covering a good part of the garden.
Our lively 2 year old loved the space in the room, enjoyed the family bath andiron amok in the grounds.
Arima is an onsen town that is popular within Japan but doesn't make the western onsen lists. It should. What the town lacks in quaintness is made up for by the scenery. Having visited a quite a few onsen now, this one is definitely worth a try.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Allan j
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

This is my first trip to Arima Onsen and we are very pleased with the hotel service. So glad we have booked Japanese style twin room in the central wing, this room type is recently renovated, it is combined decor of Japanese and West. They room is very spacious, clean and the decor is modern. Nice view from the window. There are more than enough space for us and my 3.5 year old boy plus two large suitcase. The Staff doesn't speak very good English though, this is nothing to complain, they tried very hard and being very helpful. We are traveling with other 2 family, dinner was organized in a private room.

Also need to mention is the complimentary transportation service provided by the hotel, they offer pick up and drop off service from bus and train station during the entire stay, it makes our life a lot easier, there is no bus schedule, all you need is to call their concierge and the bus will arrive on a few minutes time.

The hotel also has a nice garden, video Game Center, lounge, swimming pool, table tennis, it is a family friendly hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family