See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The location of this hotel proved to be excellent...in walking distance of outstanding cafes and restaurants, 5 min down the road from JR Kannai Station, and beside the Yokohama Stadium where a baseball game was played while we were there. We walked to Osanbashi Pier and enjoyed a ferry cruise. We were introduced to Ramen in Yokohama and this became one of our favourite meals in Japan. A convenience stores (Lawson and Family Mart) was nearby for those times we needed a snack. Yokohama was a quiet retreat after a long flight. Staff were very good and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Not exactly a well-known hotel despite its fantastic location (5 min down the road from JR Kannai Station, right beside the Yokohama Stadium). Comfortable rooms (twin), walking distance to major attractions (Chinatown, Osanbashi Pier, Yamashita Park), plenty of ammendities (convenience stores, restaurants) + hospitable & warm service from pre-check in (email reminders to reconfirm reservation) to post check out (email to solict feedback) make Yokohama Garden Hotel a fantastic home away from home and an excellent base to visit Yokohama (and the rest of Kanagawa). This is truly a hidden gem! Will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends as well.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Pros - short walk from Kannai station and directly across the road from Yokohama stadium. Lawson, Family Mart and other convenience stores close by and walking distance (approx 30 min) to the Cup Noodle museum. Rooms (one double, one triple) a good size though bathrooms are small (but not unusable, we weren't surprised at the size of the bathrooms). Minibar prices good, excellent keurig coffee machine in the room, windows that open, and relatively quiet.

Breakfast in the hotel a reasonable price but too Western for me (I'm not a big fan of eggs or baked goods for breakfast at the best of times).

Fantastic staff all too happy to help even with language barriers. They were happy to reserve a place on the Kirin beer village tour for us when I was unable to book on the website.

Excellent wifi

ロケーションはJR関内駅の徒歩圏内で便利です。
お正月に宿泊したので朝食に御節料理が出てうれしかったしお屠蘇もあった。
部屋には空気清浄機とパソコンが常備されていて好印象のホテルだと思う。
横浜球場の真横なので野球観戦などの滞在にも便利だと思う。

When I went to the Yokohama Chinatown for New Year holidays, I stayed.
The location is convenient within the range of foot of JR Kannai Station.
Because I stayed for New Year holidays, New Year dishes were released for breakfast, and I was glad, and there was the toso.
An air cleaner and a PC are had always ready in the room and think that it is the hotel of the good impression.
I think that I am convenient for stays such as the baseball watching games because it is just beside of Yokohama Stadium.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Located directly across the street from Yokohama Stadium (home of the Bay Stars), this hotel is perfect for baseball fans hoping to catch a game in Japan. It is also right next to Chinatown, where you will be approached by touts with free chestnuts every 20 meters. The location is also ideal for travel to Tokyo as it is near the JR train station.

Room Tip: Inside your room you will be delighted to know that your accomodation includes a computer with free Internet access, so you can spend the rainy typhoon day typing Trip Advisor reviews for every museum in Yokohama. Another pleasant surprise is the Tempur-Pedic pillows on your comfortable bed. Prices for the beverages in the fridge are the same as what you would pay at the nearby convenience store, but in a country where Evian is the cheapest water available you MAY want to stock up at the Family Mart down the street. The staff at this hotel is very polite, just like everybody else you will meet in Japan. I made my reservation by phone after having problems online; the ensuing language exchange was an adventure but I still got the best rate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple