All reviews free ramen premium hotel tanuki koji public bath covered walkway shopping street main shopping fantastic location per day clean rooms hotel is located family mart jr station minute walk sauna arcade onsen
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This hotel is a 20-minute walk from Sapporo Station using the underground walkway--look for the sign on the right that says "Tanuki-koji 4-5-6-7 chome." After you go above ground you have to walk a few blocks in the covered walkway and it is between 6- and 7-chome. We had a tiny double room but it was fine for two nights. We love the baths and breakfast at Dormy Inn. The "egg tart" was incredible. We were able to cross the street to use the baths at the Premium side. Although it was December, we were able to cross to the other side without overcoats since it's a 5-second walk. Seriously, this is something I wondered about before staying here. The lounge on the Premium side is very spacious and has comfy chairs and a TV, while the Annex side doesn't have a lounge--just a living room type arrangement in the lobby. However, the Annex had a wonderful free coffee machine. There is a Family Mart nearby, and it is very convenient to the subway and streetcar.

Room Tip: Double room was tiny!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
inn-sapporo, フロント at Dormy Inn Sapporo Annex, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for using this hotel this time.
Because the hotel is in the arcade, you can move without getting wet even on a bad weather day.
Breakfast buffet menu may change depending on the season. I think that I can surely enjoy it even when coming next time.
It is advisable to eat ramen after warming in a public bath on a cold day.
We will be waiting again.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel located at Tenkoji shopping street and with onsen facilities. Stayed at deluxe twin room which can stay for 3 adults. Free ramen for supper and 24 hours free coffee service. Parking is available, 1500 yen for a day.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for this time.
The parking lot is 1300 yen per night.
When you come back to Sapporo, please stay at our hotel. We look forward.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I'm writing a late review as I stayed here in August for a week. Dormy Inn is my favorite hotel franchise, and this location didn't disappoint, even with it being the "annex".

First of all, I love the camping/outdoors theme of the hotel. Not all the Dormy Inn hotels have this theme and I think it adds an extra ambience. The rooms are brighter and more decorated than the Shibuya location I stayed at. There's a cool stain glass sort of window and everything is a pine wood texture.
I stayed on the top floor (I think it was 10th) which had a decent view of Sapporo. I felt the room was quite spacious. I did find it a bit annoying at night and early morning you'd hear all the Korean tourists yelling at each other in the hall and knocking loudly on each other's doors.
The best part of the hotel was the spa. I was never into taking baths or spa experiences, but I changed my mind after staying here. The spa is great for body aches after a long day of walking. There's a changing room with lockers and small amenities like hair ties, q-tips, shower caps..etc. They have shower stalls as well with Tsubaki shampoo (not sure why the individual rooms use different shampoos). This location's spa is much more upscale. The bath area has stone/rock floors and they play relaxing music inside. There's a hot bath and a cold bath, and a sauna as well, but I preferred the bath. I looked forward every day to the spa. If you go during off-hours, you can usually have the whole place to yourself for awhile.

Only thing that surprised me about the hotel was that the staff didn't really speak English. It wasn't a huge deal, as I was able to converse with them in basic Japanese. They also have everything printed out in a pamphlet in English. The staff are really helpful, they even broke a 10000yen bill for me into smaller bills.

The hotel is located in Tanuki-koji, which is a very touristy shopping arcade strip. It was a bit far from the stations I needed to be near, but I think the location was still very convenient. There's a small FamilyMart right across the arcade should you need quick snacks or food. There are also a lot of drug stores for your beauty needs, and restaurants if you're hungry.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Location is right in the main shopping arcade.

All rooms are non smoking but they have designated smoking areas on some floors instead.

Rooms were larger than normal business hotel rooms. Clean and modern.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Fantastic onsen on level 1 that is open all night.

Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
inn-sapporo, フロント at Dormy Inn Sapporo Annex, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us.
We are glad to hear that you had satisfied to stay here.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
A receptionist, Shimoda

Reviewed 16 August 2017

It is conveniently located countless great restaurants, convenient stores, drug stores around. The breakfast in dormy is unbeatable compared with a wide range of hotels. The shower would definitely help you relax after a tiring day trip though I still prefer their 'Premium' instead of Annex.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
inn-sapporo, Frontdesk at Dormy Inn Sapporo Annex, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for staying at our hotel this time.
When you next come to Japan, please consider PREMIUM as well.
Please come to Sapporo again.
I am looking forward to the day we can meet you.
 Frontdesk Morishita