1,499 results
All reviewsshuttle busshuttle servicetrain tracksnespresso machinerevolving restaurantexecutive floorlarge hotellaura ashleyindoor poolruns every minutesaeon mallbreakfast buffetthe hotel staffrooms are niceminute walkjr stationjapan standards
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Traveled here with my twins, my husband, and my dad. The room was big enough for all of us and our furniture, though we really didn’t need much room as all we did was sleep there.
The hotel itself is close to Kyoto station and so the location really is one of the best places you can stay. There was a conbini nearby, which was very convenient for us as our twins have become conbini food connoisseurs.
The hotel itself was very nice. It looked a bit severe and drab from the outside and quaint isn’t the words I would use to describe this hotel, however the room was spotless so no complaints here at all. Very modern stylings but even with its very business like decor I would recommend this hotel for families.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jhoonosorio
お客様サービス担当支配人, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

It is nice to hear that we could help you enjoy your family vacation and we are honored that you would recommend us to others. We provide a number of different room styles and sizes, making our hotel suitable for solo travellers, couples, or even larger families. As we are near to Kyoto station, the hub of transportation, our hotel really is convenient for getting around, shopping, or dining. While maintaining the traditional look of our exterior, we recently renovated our hotel, to give it a more stylish and modern interior..

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel from tripadvisor due to its good reviews. At first I booked it for just my wife and I but my daughter decided to join in the last minute but I weren’t able to update my booking so when we checked in they upgraded us to suite 3 guests room with additional charge of hk$500/night! It’s a bit pricey but there’s nothing I could do to disagreed with it. Anyways, we were put on the 8th with the window facing the railroad tracks but you wouldn’t hear the noise of trains passing by with the double glazing glass window. The room is big enough for 3 single beds with very clean and high quality toiletries by Laura Ashley! The bed is so comfortable which is a big bonus after a very tiring stroll around the city. The hotel is just a 5 minutes walk from Kyoto JR station and they provide free shuttle bus to and from the station. However, we prefer to walk every time due to lots of guests using it with their bulky luggages. Staffs are very accommodating specially the bell lady who took our luggage and even helped us about the room/hotel amenities.

It’s a very nice hotel and highly recommendable one!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Byaheng-oldies
お客様サービス担当支配人, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We apologize for the additional price, but last minute changes can be difficult to make when our rooms are in high demand. However, we are glad that you enjoyed the suite and our Laura Ashley amenities. Our hotel is also very near to Kyoto station, the transportation hub of the city, making it very convenient for sightseeing or business. We are glad we could host you on your trip and honored that you would recommend us to others.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I spent 3D2N in Kyoto. I'm happy about my 2 night stay in suite room, with my parents in RIHGA. Both rooms are beautiful and clean. The counter staffs, restaurant staffs, cleaning staffs are all very friendly. I will definitely visit them again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kildakilda

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

We strive to provide excellent service at an affordable price. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your parents. With a variety of room sizes and styles, our hotel is suitable for families as well as couples. We are ready to welcome you back at anytime.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

The Rihga is an established hotel within a few minutes stroll of Kyoto rail station and also the underground. The hotel also picks up and drops off at the station every 15 minutes if required.
The hotel is certainly not in picturesque location so don't expect stunning views. Nothing the hotel can do about that. However if you want a view you could dine at the expensive revolving restaurant that sits at the top of the hotel.
Rooms were clean but quite noisy as the walls have poor noise insulation. Therefore expect to hear everything your neighbours are up to. We found it quite difficult to sleep with the noise from adjoining rooms.
We booked on B&B which I regretted as the breakfast offering is pretty poor. There is a lot of choice but the quality was not great. Even getting some toasted bread was a problem as the hotel also had the typical single toast machine that never seems to brown the toast. No proper fruit juice either, they served some sort of cordials that were cheap imitations of the real thing.
I would recommend booking room only and taking breakfast at the many establishments nearby.
Staff were efficient, check-in and out went smoothly.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluenose7
お客様サービス担当支配人, other at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While were are pleased that our staff was able to quickly and efficiently assist you with check-in and out, we are terribly sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the neighboring guests and that you were disapointed with the quality of our buffet breakfast. If you give us another chance, our staff would be hapy to prepare a quieter room for your next visit, and during your stay, please feel free to notify the front desk about any noise issues. We thank you again for your feedback as we continue to improve our facilities and services.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

It's a 4.5 to 5 star hotel which is close to Kyoto Station and provides a shuttle to and from this station. Aeon Mall and Kyoto Tower are also a few blocks away. The family provided for us was nice and big. The hotel staff were very nice and can speak good english so were able to explain well our inquiries.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean8080
お客様サービス担当支配人, other at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

Our staff is truly humbled by such high praise. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take full advantage of our complimentary shuttle bus, and that the staff were able to quickly and efficiently assist you in proper English. During your next visit, feel free to try one of our six in-house restaurants, including our Japanese and Western buffet, All Day Dining KAZA.