“Lunch on bike trip was ace with helpful owner”

The Little Kitchen Kames
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Kames
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Description: We serve stuffed croissant, filled panini, homemade quiche, delicious burgers and home bakes. Freshly ground coffee every morning & filled rolls to go!
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Great place to stop and fuel up while doing the 5 Ferries trip. Very friendly to a group of very wet cyclists. Soups were exciting & tasty and the millionaires shortbread was very special. Good coffees too.

Lynn G, Owner at The Little Kitchen Kames, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you. Hope you all felt re-energised after your stop and completed your 5 Ferries in record time.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Pleasant enough wee cafe. The flat whites are just coffee with milk. I don’t have a problem with white coffees but if you sell flat whites for £2.50 it’s got to be right, especially in 2018. #firstworldproblems #coffeesnob

Lynn G, Owner at The Little Kitchen Kames, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi Liam
Flat white is not one we normally offer in our range of coffee, however we do our best to respond to customers' requests.
We are truly sorry that our attempt at producing a flat white didn't meet with your expectation. We really wish you had raised the matter with us at the time.
We would gladly have refunded you and indeed would have welcomed an opportunity for you to advise us on creating the perfect flat white coffee.
Hope to see you again next time you're in Kames.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

I was treated to a wonderful couple of days away with a friend after the recent passing of my Mum. Been to Kames a few times and it was lovely to be advised of this little gem. We enjoyed lovely tea, coffee and home made scones whilst sitting outside enjoying the lovely weather we had. The couple who own this establishment were both very friendly and welcoming. Well worth a visit.We will definitely go back next time we return.

Lynn G, Owner at The Little Kitchen Kames, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you. Sorry about your mum. Hope to see you 2 in Kames again.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Nice to see new life breathed into what was a dusty post office in an area which our family has been visiting for decades.

The owners are clearly taking pride in the place - it’s fresh,bright & welcoming.Our party of 3 had a light brunch of Earl Grey tea,Latte & stuffed croissants. Great value,served efficiently & with a smile. Food & drink were both excellent.

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We had taken the coastal road from Strachur, heading for Tighnabruaich which Mum wasn't at all happy about, most of the road being single track. When we arrived at Kames, she was well in need of a cuppa and the WC, so I parked outside a little building with a sign "The Little Kitchen" on the wall.

I had my little dog with me and thought I'd have to sit outside for my cuppa, but the proprietor said I could bring her inside. I was delighted! Instead of a cuppa, we had a delicious lunch!

The food was superb! Mum had pea and ham soup - the nicest she said she'd ever tasted, and she's 85!!!! I had a brie panini, served with salad (with separate dressing),pickle and guacamole, which was amazing! Mum enjoyed her tea in a porcelain China teacup and I had not one,but two of their delicious cappuccino coffees! We finished with homemade millionaire shortcake....yummy!!!! My little dog even had a sausage, which she clearly enjoyed!Oh! And a treat!!

The pproprietors were two of the nicest people you could hope to meet! The gentleman was very informative about the local area and shared plenty of stories with us! His wife was also very friendly and we talked about her home baking.

The premises have recently undergone refurbishing and although it's not the most spacious place, it absolutely oozes character! From the polka-dot tablecloths, the Andrews Sisters songs playing, the quirky colander lampshades and colourful display of wooden spoons, it's just really lovely! On display they also had a selection of hand-made soaps. I bought 3 - sandalwood, lavender and lemongrass and all I can say is I'll be buying more on my next visit!!!! Beautifully scented and leave my hands feeling so soft!

Service was fast and everyone on duty was very attentive.

An added bonus is the fact that the other half of the premises is a little grocery store with post office.

I would definitely recommend a visit to this lovely 'little kitchen' and we certainly look forward to returning soon.

Lynn G, Owner at The Little Kitchen Kames, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you very much to you and your 'toe toucher of the day' mom. We enjoyed you being there too. We hope you managed to find some magazines that you set out for! :)