1,889 results
All reviews cocktail bar spa facilities outdoor jacuzzi golf club spa break afternoon tea evening meal light lunch garden room wedding party main restaurant lovely grounds steam room relaxation room birthday treat set menu from start to finish
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Mottram Hall is surrounded by an extensive golf course, with good food, extremely comfortable beds and spacious rooms. An impressive, quiet retreat for a golfing trip. An enjoyable stay. It also has a spa.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith T
MottramHall, General Manager at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Keith T

Thank you very much for your fabulous feedback. I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

A very mixed bag. I’ll start with the positives. The food is good quality and the location/scenery is fantastic. However, there was too many negatives to make this trip enjoyable.

As above, the food is nice, however portions are far too small - 11 chips on a dish is ridiculous for the price. The staff are lacking basic customer service and there was certainly no sense of order during our meal service, some tables near us were waiting over 20 minutes for drinks orders, never mind food orders. We even waited nearly 5 minutes to be seated, even thought the restaurant was empty. This was for a booked meal, we didn’t turn up out of the blue. The staff - at times - looked absolutely clueless as to who should be doing what.

The rooms are basic - this didn’t really bother us - but the walls are paper thin. We were on the ground floor near the car park. If you’re at the venue during a busy night, then sleep is disrupted regularly. I lost count of how many times I was woken by shouting, screaming, banging and then due to our room location, people stood outside smoking and talking. This didn’t stop until 3am-4am.

To top it off, at breakfast, I arrived at the queue at the same time as a member of staff. The staff member had a plate in his hand to fill. Rather than letting a paying customer go first, he went first and at one point, took the last remaining items on the pass. I can appreciate it may have been for room service or a guest in the breakfast room rather than food for himself, however it looked very unprofessional.

The golf course looks great, as does the spa, however we won’t be rushing back here. I really don’t like leaving negative reviews, but have to on this occasion.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello MSmithUK123

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor

I'll be sure to feed all of your observations back to the relevant members of our Head of Department team, I am sure that they will find your comments useful in improving our operation.

I do hope in time you will reconsider and we have the opportunity to welcome you back to improve your opinion of Mottram Hall.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stayed for spa/"relaxing" w.end away. Hotel is in a nice location, lovely gardens, smooth check in. In the bar/restaurant for the prices you’re paying I’d expect decent glassware, not thick catering glasses. Breakfast is brilliant, excellent choice and all fresh. The spa was ok, only because the unseasonably warm weather meant we could lie outside all day, inside was unusable due to the amount of children in the pool. Very good massage treatment. Spa café staff weren’t efficient and it wasn’t busy. Had to ask for everything at least twice. One decent member of staff is clearly compensating for the others who just stand by the till looking lost. I felt like submitting a time sheet for the work I put in.

The worst part is the nights and weddings. We were on the ground floor by the car park. None of the doors have soft closers. Both Friday and Saturday night had weddings and loud guests slamming doors all night long until early hours. Saturday's escalated to fights, yelling in corridors/outside, calls to our room at 2am? crashing sounds. Lasted until 4am. Did not feel safe as a guest at night, wouldn’t bring children to stay here based on our experience. For the cost it's unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank 956wammje
MottramHall, General Manager at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hello Jemma W

Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

I'll be sure to feed all of your observations back to the relevant members of our Head of Department team, and am sure that they will find your comments useful in improving our operation.

Club and Spa facilities are available for members and guests to use, with specific children’s times, whether that be for swimming lessons or just a swim, which are adhered to; at the weekends children are allowed in the pool from 9.00 am until Noon and 3.00 pm until 7.00 pm. Monday to Thursday 9.00 until Noon and 3.00 until 5.30 pm. This is displayed in Club & Spa Reception as well as on our website. I deeply regret that you were unable to enjoy a relaxing time inside the Club and Spa. Delighted to learn that you enjoyed your treatment.

I am sorry that your visit was also marred by the behaviour of guests from wedding celebrations at the Hotel.
It's such a shame that their anti sociable behaviour has tarnished your visit and perhaps your want to return Mottram Hall.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed back here after getting married here in 2016. Overall it was a nice experience and glad we came back.

As expected, some parts of the hotel are a bit dated, but service was good and the food was also high quality as per.

I would like to see a more extensive cocktail menu in the champagne bar, but other drinks cater for most tastes.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Matthew H

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments, delighted you enjoyed your return visit to Mottram Hall following your wedding here in 2016.

We are having a significant investment over the course of the next 12 months and will be addressing all areas of the Hotel. With regards to your comment about an extensive cocktail menu I will convey this feedback to our Bar Manager to review what we currently offer in terms of cocktails.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to celebrate future wedding anniversaries.

Deridre Billing

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had an amazing stay at Mottram Hall, beautiful surroundings - friendly staff. Yummy breakfast and relaxing spa. Can’t wait to visit again :)
Perfect if your looking for a relaxing romantic stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MottramHall, General Manager at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hello hollyannwilson12

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience of Mottram Hall.
We look forward to welcoming you back at sometime in the future.