All reviewsb bsbreakfast was deliciousglass of winewonderful hostsvancouver islandlarge bathroomcomfy bedother guestsjoanluluprivacypropertyaccommodationsfrogsfurnituredeer
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This review is long overdue. My husband and I stayed at Ambraden Pond during our anniversary last October. It was my first experience at a B&B, so I wasn't sure what to expect (I really value my privacy and I was admittedly a little nervous about staying in someone's house). However, from the moment we arrived, I felt relaxed and welcomed. Joan sat down with us to share some wine, and we had a great conversation. She recommended an awesome dinner spot and we settled into our room. The room itself was clean, modern and private with a large bathroom and comfy bed. Breakfast was delicious, and we were able to spend some time wandering around the property, which was lovely and tranquil. Our interactions with Joan and Chris (and the other guests) were nothing short of pleasant and we both left feeling as if we had gotten a steal of a deal on the room. Thank you to the hosts for the beautiful accomodations and warm, friendly hospitality! We hope to return soon. (Brian and Kimberly from Seattle)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

we spent two nights with Joan and Chris and we were treated like Kings.
They welcomed us with a glass of wine, they sat down with us and told us where to go, where to eat and what to do during our stay in the area.
Our daughter N was happy to goon walks with Chris and Lulu around the pond and she was told all the little secrets of this charming place.
We will definitely go back because the accommodation is top notch, the breakfast was delicious and the hosts super warm and friendly.
I highly recommend this B&B to people looking for a serene peaceful place to stay

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank _lailamunif
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, and this is one of my absolute favourites, and here's why. The natural setting is gorgeous. The main living room has large windows that look over the pond. One can sit and look at the heron across the pond, watch eagles soaring by, or just enjoy the beautiful trees. There are a number of places to sit or walk outside to take in nature. (Yes, there is a pond, which means at certain times of the year, you will hear the frogs at night- we loved it. It is part of nature). The interior of the house is modern, and beautifully peaceful. Breakfasts are generous, creative, and delicious. The last and most important feature is Joan and Chris. They are truly genuine in their warm, welcoming personalities. Joan was also extremely helpful in phoning restaurants to book reservations for us. She seems to know everyone on the island! A thoroughly wonderful experience and we will be back!

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank allergydoc59
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed the night on the way to visit my daughter's friend at Shawnigan Lake School. Super friendly hosts and their dog, comfortable stay and delicious breakfast topped by snowfall and a frozen lake--a big treat for my California girl. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We had the experience of staying at Ambraden Pond this past summer. We had an incredible experience from the warm welcome upon our arrival, to the most beautiful breakfasts we have ever had at a B&B. Joan and Chris are incredible hosts and we cannot wait until we get to return for another visit to the island!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple