All reviews b bs breakfast was delicious glass of wine wonderful hosts vancouver island large bathroom comfy bed other guests joan lulu privacy property accommodations frogs furniture deer
Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

I've never been a big fan of B&B type accommodations, but this gem in the heart of the Cowichan Valley has me rethinking that opinion in a big way. Lodgings aside, Ambraden Pond's location is so idyllic, so picturesque, it's hard to believe a place like this actually exists outside the realm of fairy tales and lucid dreamworlds. Our studio in the main house was immaculately clean, stylishly furnished, blissfully comfortable and sublimely peaceful. Hosts Joan and Chris are kind, helpful and respectful to a fault, never overbearing or intrusive like other B&B hosts I've encountered. Our breakfast was gourmet quality. As a seasoned global traveller, I'm pretty picky and critical about the places I stay, but I struggle to find a single thing wrong with this place. Clearly, the proprietors have put careful thought and love into every last detail. They obviously care deeply about their B&B and providing the best for their guests. This is a truly special place and I look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Wayfarer64
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My wife and I stayed at the pond for 2 nights for our wedding reception in August. Joan was hilarious and so accommodating. She didn't mind our friends and guests dropping in to help us with preparations, and offered us wine as we settled in.

The guest house and suites are simply incredible, and you won't find anything more comfortable on Vancouver Island. It's the perfect place to relax.

Oh, and watch out for their cute dog Lulu when you're pulling up. The little thing is full of energy but tends to chase cars down the driveway :).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dajiao
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Joan is a wonderful host. The house is beatiful and the rooms are just excellent. Breakfast is fine and was served at a great spot with a view of the lake.
the location is right in between Nanaimo en Victoria. Nice area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the night of our wedding after having the reception just up the road in Arbutus Ridge Golf Club. What a wonderful place! We arrived late at night but woke up to the most perfect surroundings we could have ever hoped for as our first morning as husband and wife. The room was spacious, very clean and beautifully decorated. And the views outside our window were just breathtaking! When we arrived downstairs our host Joan greeted us with champagne and orange juice to celebrate being newlyweds! The breakfast that followed was possibly the best I've ever had! Fresh fruit and yogurt, followed by a baked french toast dish and sausage as we sat in the bay window admiring the tranquil view. A truly wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I loved our one-night getaway at this B&B. Our host greeted us graciously, and in no time we were chatting about the things to see and do in the area. She recommended someplace nearby for dinner, and made a reservation for us.

Our large comfortable room overlooked a serene pond. In fact, the only source of noise was the soft chorus of frogs which literally lulled us to sleep. The photos on the website are an accurate reflection of what you'll see when you arrive.

Breakfast was tasty, and we had lots of time to linger over coffee.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple