Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.comUS$ 43
ZenHotels.com
All reviews home away from home lidder river visit pahalgam chai his team great hospitality served hot nice garden hotel is located nature lovers local sightseeing nice experience special mention tasty food special thanks hot water raina
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

The moment I looked at the pictures of this place on internet, I knew it was not the usual hotel/lodge you stay everyday. It was almost evening when we reached Brown Palace to be welcomed by Ibrahim Ji & his staff Nasir. We were served Kahwah & cookies even before we went to our room; and there was no mention of free welcome drink on any website (this is what going the extra mile means). The room & its view was breathtakingly beautiful & we had no wish to leave the room. But Ibrahim ji forced us to go with Nasir for a walk in the village & to the golf course and when we did that we had one of the best experiences in Kashmir. From that moment I knew I did not come to a hotel, I came to another home of mine. Starting from that very moment till the last, every second with Brown Palace & the wonderful people over there have been special for us. It won’t be wrong if I tell that I feel in love with Kashmir & its people & a major chunk of this feeling is due to Ibrahim Ji & Brown Palace. Can’t wait to be back again

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank MamiyaMukherjee
Reviewed 24 January 2021

Pros:
1. Hospitality. Ibrahim ji did a great job to ensure we feel like home. Even the caretakers were warm and helpful.
2. The location is amazing. Lidder river flows right in front of the property. There are small villages nearby where you can roam around. Not touristy at all.
3. Food is tasty and homely.
4. The property is great. It has seen travellers from 1980s and has stories and photos on the walls. There's a nice garden, a fire-place, multiple sitting areas.

When I visit Pahalgam, I'm sure this is where I'll put up.

Cons:
1. Electricity and phone's network are still issues in Pahalgam. So, be informed before visiting Pahalgam. Though, Brown Palace has both power back-up and Wi-Fi.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Debapriyo_Sam
Reviewed 23 January 2021

Our stay at Brown Palace was nothing short of wonderful. It a simple homestay with amazing hospitality. Ibrahim ji takes it upon himself to make his guests feel at home. On nights with no electricity, he arranged hot water bags and extra blankets for us. Also, a special mention to the food that was very homely and yet delectable. Looking forward to visiting Brown Palace again.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank mishti_and_meat
Reviewed 16 December 2020 via mobile

It was love at 1st sight. The moment you see the place...Brown Palace ...makes you feel at home

The hotel is located near the flowing River Lidder. You can spend some quite evenings just listening to the sound of the water flowing. Enter the gates of the hotel and you can see an amazing Garden area with seating arrangements and a swing...yeah a swing.. something we all love .. irrespective of our age.

The porch has a cozy little fireplace, plenty of pictures and letters from travellers and trekkers over the years..all speaking about the Host and the Hotel and how they were made to feel at home.

The rooms are spacious and cosy. The food excellent, the staff going out of their way to make you comfortable.

Last bit not the least - the Host - Ibrahim ..who is a soft spoken gentleman with an ever smiling face and shining eyes. Always ensuring that his guests are well cared for.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

This was my second trip of Kashmir & second time I stayed in the same hotel. During my last visit i had wonderful memories which force me to stayed in the same hotel. In fact this is not a Hotel its a heritage property about 50years old, maintained very nicely by the management of this resort. I would like to share my experience with this Place. I had wonderful & unforgettable stay. Its not wrong if i will say that this was my one of the best trip. One the most important thing which i would like to share is the hospitality provided by the staff. As this was my second visit so we were aware about all the facilities. Hotel is having best location as its near to river side. Hotel is situated in out side Market easily one can go market by car which is provided by hotel for free one can enjoy shopping also. There are no word to say about this Resort. Excellent Hospitality, Tasty Food, Cooperative staff, Neat & Clean Room with all facilities. I never thought that within one year again i am going to visit the same place. Its only because of the respect & hospitality provided by not only the hotel staff even from the local people. Always u feel homely atmosphere & one very important thing very calm & peace one can feel at Pahalgam. My Special Thanks to Mr. Ibrahim Raina who make this trip amazing & unforgettable for me. I highly recommend this Heritage property. Even one should definitely visit Kashmir, Pahalgam & should stay at Brown Palace

Date of stay: November 2019