See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2015

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at Trevin Farms and I had to review it! We had a beautiful room with a shared bathroom which worked out well. In fact, the other 4 guests we stayed with were wonderful and we all got along nicely. The first morning we got to help milk the 30 Nubian goats. Troy and Alex were great teachers and we learned a lot about their milking herd of goats as well as the oxen, horses, chickens and pigs. Troy is also a chef so all the meals we had while there (2 breakfasts and a dinner) were like eating at a 5-star fine dining restaurant! That was an unexpected and very pleasant surprise! We were amazed at how hard these men work to entertain and teach guests as well as finding time to take such great care of the animals. These animals are in excellent condition and very clearly loved:). We got to also make goat cheese with Troy's guidance. Just a wonderful experience overall and we felt like family by the time we had to leave!

1  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Troy is an incredibly talented chef and his meals are top-notch.

My wife and I stayed for a night at Trevin Farms while hiking VT and loved our stay! Troy will point you in the right direction for very nice hiking trails, the rooms are nice and clean, and milking the goats is quite an experience!

The property is overall as clean as one might expect from a farm. But it is a farm with animals, and since you will be working around animals, bring an extra set of clothes you wont mind setting aside until you have an opportunity to wash them.

We highly recommend getting the dinner and cheese making packages as well.

Disclaimer: We used the Vermont Inn to Inn service, so I had no experience with this Inn (making reservations, etc) until we checked in.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

My husband and I stayed at Trevin Farms for one night on a 6 night hiking vacation. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was definitely the most unique place we stayed! When we arrived Troy was busy cooking dinner so Alex, the farmhand showed us around. He kind of gave us a bad first impression that didn't match the rest of our stay at all. We arrived right when chores start at 5 and Alex was really rough with the animals and hit them, yelled at them, and cursed like crazy. We don't have kids but I would have been annoyed if he had used that language around kids.
During our stay there was one other couple there that we had dinner with. Dinner was hands down one of the best meals I've ever had in my life and Troy treated the four of us like kings and queens! Our bed was comfortable and luckily we did not have to share the upstairs bathroom with anyone else. The bathroom could use some updating but hey, its a farm.
Troy had coffee waiting for use in the morning before chores and then he prepared a delicious breakfast with home made muffins and farm fresh eggs.
We also did the cheese making class and took some of the fresh goat cheese home.
One of the coolest places I've ever stayed, definitely recommended!

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

First I would just like to say thank you to Trevor and Kevin for an unbelievable experience. This is a beautiful bed and breakfast with very spacious clean bedrooms. After settling into our first night consisted of the beginning stages of making goat cheese. Trevor took us through a short class and taught us a bit about the process of making the cheese step by step. The next day when we got up we had a wonderful country breakfast, the homemade blueberry scones that Kevin made were heavenly. The second night we had a special dinner prepared by Kevin. After dinner we went through the next step of making the goat cheese with Trevor. On the final morning when we woke up we went outside with the guys to learn a bit about how the farm runs. We were able to see first hand the care and love that Kevin and Trevor give to the animals, it's amazing. We then returned inside for another great breakfast. My wife had always wanted to learn how to make cheese and we could not have asked for a better place to do it. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is looking for a once in a lifetime experience.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Wonderful farm! This is our second visit. Kevin and Trevor were so kind to our large group of grandchildren greeting them warmly and showing them all kinds of exciting things. New experiences for all in a peaceful setting. Beautiful!

Stayed: June 2015