See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2015

We booked Trevin Farm, including the cheese-making package, to give the kids the chance to see a working farm and help out with the animals whilst being in a good location for surrounding visits. We were not disappointed.

The kids were able to help with feeding the variety of animals and do some of the chores including milking the goats each day. They really enjoyed the experience and seeing how milk goes to cheese was great education for them.

It is a small, working farm so the guest accommodation kind of merges into the main house. It is fairly simple accommodation but worked fine for us. Don't expect luxury, this is about the experience and relaxation rather than luxury and amenities, That said the dinner Kevin made for us 1 evening was fantastic. Local produce cooked beautifully.

Troy and Kevin were friendly and supportive of the kids helping out around the farm (so long as they were up and ready by 7am!). The farmhand was a little more difficult to warm to but not an issue.

Overall a fun experience and something we will remember.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gareth P
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I realized this morning while driving to work how relaxing our stay at Trevin Farm was. Me my wife and 3 daughters spent 2 nights on the farm. We were lucky to plan our visit during the time of year when the baby goats are born. Bottle feeding the babies was a remarkable experience for all of us. There are 4 feeding times a day and all our activities were planned around the feeding times. We also enjoyed helping with chores in the morning and late afternoon.
Besides for working very hard 365 days a year to keep the animals clean and fed Kevin and Troy take the time to make you feel welcome. As they witnessed how comfortable my family was around the animals we were given more opportunities to help and interact with them. During the chores Kevin, Troy and Alex explained what was happening and taught us a lot about the animals.
The house and rooms were very comfortable and it felt more like staying with friends for a couple days than staying at a hotel or B&B. The breakfast was great! My kids are already asking if we could go back again. If you want to experience what it is like living on a goat farm I would highly recommend a visit to Trevin Farms.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We were sadly disappointed in our stay at Trevin Farms, surprising given the otherwise stellar reviews on this site.
We stayed at the end of the summer with our two children, ages 6 and 8, and had hoped for an immersive farming experience. What we got was far from it. I suspect this was due in part to the fact that we did not participate in their 'cheese making' class. Almost immediately upon our arrival, we were informed that we would not be able to milk the goats - as milking was only part of the cheese making class. Ok, I thought, there is plenty else on a farm to do. However, Kevin and Troy did very little to make us part of those experiences. Very odd given that the image on the homepage of their website shows a young girl holding a handful of freshly picked carrots. While there were chores to be done, I found that it was mostly us watching Troy and a farmhand do these chores. I had to ask on multiple occasions if the kids could help out with some trivial tasks. But in doing so, I felt intrusive and like an interloper. He really made no effort on his own accord to involve us or our children.
The same went for the stay at the house. Unlike most other B&Bs we've stayed at, there really weren't separate living quarters for the owners and guests. So when we returned from dinner at night to find the hosts seated around the kitchen table (adjacent to the living area) we felt banished up to our rooms upstairs. And the noise from their dinner along with the TV which they left on for the dogs filtered up well into the night past the kids bedtimes. My wife stated on multiple occasions that this setup made her very uncomfortable and left her feeling out of place. She asked that we leave as soon as possible in the morning.
We would never return to Trevin farms. I would not recommend this place to anyone we knew. But if they insisted on going I would tell them to do the cheesemaking class as that might be the only way to get a more inclusive experience.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank getmehome
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Trevin Farms was one of 7 accommodations on the New England trip my husband and I took this October and it was by far our favorite! We were greeted at the beautiful farm by Kevin who gave us chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven before introducing us to the animals. Right away we noted the harmony of this special place . . . chickens wandering unafraid of people, the dog playing with the calves, and of course the friendly goats! We couldn't spend enough time with these gentle and wonderful creatures.
The farm to table meals were delicious and comforting. Farm fresh eggs with potatoes and pork shoulder for breakfast. Butternut squash soup, fried goat cheese and risotto for dinner. My vegetarian meal request was respectfully honored without disappointment.
Our last morning on the farm was spent congregating with the goats, horses, pigs and dogs while we chatted with Troy. He filled us in on the history of the farm and shared stories about the animals that he and Kevin work so hard to care for. We loved every minute of our stay at Trevin farms and can't wait for an opportunity to return.

Room tip: We enjoyed the suite which includes a private bathroom, private balcony and wood stove.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank nannerpants
Reviewed 21 October 2014

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at Trevin Farm and had a wonderful experience. It was different from any other B&B vacation we've taken -- in a good way -- and I came away very impressed with the philosophy of the farm. Troy and Kevin treat the animals extremely well and provide a peaceful environment that enables them to thrive. We got up early to milk the goats and learned a ton about goats and sustainable farming. Troy and Kevin answered my zillions of questions and seemed genuinely happy to do so. Kevin's breakfasts were fabulous, and the dinner we had as part of the cheese class program was delicious. Our room, which had a private bath, was spacious and spotless (just bring a hairdryer and shampoo). By the end of our stay, I was both relaxed and energized, and can't wait to return in the spring when the baby goats are being born.

Room tip: Only one room has a private bath so if that's important to you, make sure you reserve well in advance.
Date of stay: October 2014